Indian National Lok Dal
|Indian National Lok Dal|
|Chairperson||Om Prakash Chautala|
|Secretary-General||Ajay Singh Chautala|
|Founder||Chaudhary Devi Lal|
|Headquarters||18, Janpath, New Delhi-110011|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in Legislative Assembly|
|Politics of India
Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), a political party in India, in the state of Haryana is a political party based in Haryana. INLD was founded by Choudhary Devi Lal, who served as Deputy Prime Minister of India in V.P. Singh Cabinet and Chief Minister of Haryana twice. His son Om Prakash Chautala is the current president & Chautala's elder son Ajay Singh Chautala is the current General Secretary. The party was a member of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), and thus part of the Bharatiya Janata Party led government from 1998 to 2004 at the Federal level.
INLD has performed poorly in all the four consecutive general elections held since 2000. It lost consecutive assembly elections for Haryana in 2005, 2009 and 2013. It failed to win any seats in Lok Sabha in 2004 and 2009 general elections, despite being in alliance with Bharatiya Janata Party in 2009.
In the Lok Sabha elections 1999, INLD had an electoral alliance with BJP in Haryana. Each party contested five of the ten seats in the state. All ten were elected. In 2000 Chautala was elected as the Chief Minister of Haryana for the fifth time. In the 2000 state assembly elections, INLD won 47 out of the 90 seats. Later INLD broke its alliance with the BJP, and left NDA and the government.
In 2004, the party contested on 20 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Chandigarh, but 14 of those lost their deposits. Its 10 candidates in Haryana secured 22.43 per cent votes, 5 candidates secured 0.52 per cent votes in Rajasthan, 4 candidates secured 0.02 per cent votes in Uttar Pradesh and its lone candidate UT secured 6.61 per cent votes in Chandigarh.
On 16 January 2013, Om Prakash Chautala and Ajay Chautala were sent jail after a New Delhi court sentenced them to ten years imprisonment under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act.
In 2014 Assembly Elections in Haryana INLD won 19 seats and is chief opposition party and Abhay Singh Chautala has been elected as Leader of Opposition in the State of Haryana.
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013". India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Election Results - Full Statistical Reports – Election Commission of India". Election Commission of India.
- "PERFORMANCE OF STATE PARTIES, STATISTICAL REPORT ON GENERAL ELECTIONS, 2009 – Election Commission of India". Election Commission of India.
- "VOTES POLLED BY PARTIES IN STATES/UTs – Election Commission of India". Election Commission of India.
- "Performance of Political Parties in 2005 Assembly Elections– Election Commission of India". Election Commission of India.
- "Performance of Political Parties in 2009 Assembly Elections– Election Commission of India". Election Commission of India.
- "Elections 2014: Dushyant Chautala of INLD takes lead over HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi". The Economic Times. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "In another scion rise, Dushyant comes out of dad Ajays shadow to lead INLD". The Indian Express. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "'We are teaching discipline to our cadres'". The Times of India. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "At 26, Dushyant Chautala is Youngest MP". The Times of India. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "MOST PEOPLE TO SIGN UP AS ORGAN DONORS - EIGHT HOURS". Guinness World Records. 16 December 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "INSO Makes it to Guinness Book of World Records". The Indian Express. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Young Chautalas plan party makeover, eye social media". Hindustan Times. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.