Indian Telephone Industries Limited
|Native name||ITI Limited|
|Type||Government of India Undertaking|
Indian Telephone Industries Limited, commonly known as ITI Limited, is a state-owned manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in India. It was founded in 1948, and today has six manufacturing facilities which produce a range of switching, transmission, access and subscriber premises equipment. It is headquartered at Bengalooru ( Bengaluru ).
It produces GSM mobile equipment at its Mankapur and Rae Bareli Plants. These two facilities supply more than nine million lines per annum to both domestic as well as export markets. It also produces Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment such as network management systems, encryption and networking solutions for internet connectivity, and secure communications networks and equipment for India's military. The company has above 7000 employees.
ITI Limited, Palakkad is equipped with a Smart Card Assembly Facility integrated with Manufacturing Machines and Level 4 Security for assembly, personalization and testing of SIM cards. An annual capacity of 18 Million cards exists, which is primarily catering to the requirements of BSNL and MTNL. The facility is also being used for the prestigious National ID Card Project.
ITI has been assigned the job of Biometric enrollment for the project of National Population Register under aegis of Registrar General of India to cover entire population above 05 years of age residing in India at Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Uttar Pradesh & Uttrakhand states.
- "Article: ITI to develop IP phones. (Internet).(Indian Telephone Industries)". India Telecom. May 1, 2002. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "ITI bags order from Alcatel". BusinessLine. March 2, 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "Govt gives 200 crore Soft Loan to ITI to pay off Salaries". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "ITI for Biometric Enrolment". ITI. 01-10-2013.
- "Consortium of Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs) in NPR". ITI. 01-10-2013.
- "Revival of Indian Telephone Industries at Bangalore". Press Information Bureau Government of India (Ministry of Communications and Information Technology). August 25, 2005. Retrieved 9 February 2010.