Indian poetry in English
Indian English Poetry is the oldest form of Indian English Literature. Indian poets writing in English have succeeded to nativize or indianize English in order to reveal typical Indian situations.  Henry Louis Vivian Derozio is considered the first poet in the lineage of Indian English poetry.
Nissim Ezekiel is considered to be a pioneering figure in Indian English Poetry. The significant poets of the post-Derozio and pre-Ezekiel times are Toru Dutt, Sarojini Naidu, Rabindranath Tagore and Sri Aurobindo. Some of the notable poets of Ezekiel's time are A. K. Ramanujan, R. Parthasarathy, Jayant Mahapatra, Dom Moraes, Kamala Das, Keki N. Daruwalla, Arvind Krishna Mehrotra, Arun Kolatkar and Dilip Chitre. Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore wrote in Bengali and English and was responsible for the translations of his own work into English.
Other notable 20th Century poets of English poetry in India include Eunice De Souza, Gieve Patel, Kersy Katrak, P. Lal among others.The younger generation of poets writing in English are Abhay K, Adil Jussawala, A. J. Thomas, Anand Thakore, Anju Makhija, Anjum Hasan, Anupama Raju, Arundhathi Subramaniam,Bibhu Padhi, C. P. Surendran, Debjani Chaterjee, Desmond L.Kharmawplang, Dileep Jhaveri, E.V. Ramakrishnan, Gayatri Majumdar, Gopi Kottoor, Jaydeep Sarangi, Jeet Thayil, Jerry Pinto, K Srilata, Kynpham Sing Nongkynrih, Makarand Paranjape, Mandira Ghosh, Mani Rao, Meena Kandasamy, Menka Shivdashani, Manohar Shetty, Mustansir Dalvi, Nandini Sahu, Priya Sarukkai Chabria, Rachana Joshi, Ranjit Hoskote, Rita Malhotra, Robin Ngangom,Rukmini Bhaya Nair, Sonnet Mondal, Sridala Swami, Sumana Roy, Sudeep Sen, Sukrita Paul Kumar, Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan, Vijay Nambisan, Vivekanand Jha among others.
Modern expatriate Indian poets writing in English include Meena Alexander, Ravi Shankar, Sidhartha Bose, Shanta Acharya, Sujata Bhatt,Tabish Khair, Vikram Seth, Vijay Seshadri and Yuyutsu Sharma among others.
Notable anthologies of Indian English Poetry include Ten Twentieth-Century Indian Poets ed. by R. Parthasarthy, Three Indian Poets: Nissim Ezekiel, A K Ramanujan, Dom Moraes ed. by Bruce Alvin King, The Oxford India Anthology of Twelve Modern Indian Poets ed. by Arvind Krishna Mehrotra, Reasons for Belonging: Fourteen Contemporary Indian Poets ed. by Ranjit Hoskote, 60 Indian poets ed. by Jeet Thayil, Harper Collins Anthology of English Poetry ed. by Sudeep Sen,* 2013: Ten: The New Indian Poets. Edited and Selected by Jayanta Mahapatra & Yuyutsu Sharma. New Delhi/Jaipur: Nirala Publications The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India ed. by Vivekanand Jha among others.
- Sahitya Akademi Award- Notable winners of this award among Indian poets writing in English are Jayanta Mahapatra, Keki N. Daruwalla, Jeet Thayil, Adil Jussawala among others. 
- SAARC Literary Award- Notable winner of this award among Indian poets writing in English are Jayanta Mahapatra and Abhay K.
- Indian Literature - published by Sahitya Akademi
- Journal of Poetry Society of India-published by The Poetry Society (India)
- A Study of Indian English Poetry International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, Issue 10, ISSN 2250-3153, October 2012
- Yuyutsu Sharma, "Ten: The New Indian poets: Edited and Selected by Jayanta Mahapatra & Yuyutsu Sharma" (review), 27 October 2012.
- Trying to Say Goodbye author Adil Jussawalla wins Sahitya Akademi Award 2014 Hindustan Times, 19 December, 2014
- "Poet Abhay K wins SAARC Literature Award", Hindustan Times, 14 March 2013
- "Five writers honoured at the SAARC Literature Festival", PTI, 11 March 2013