Indiana Business Research Center
The Indiana Business Research Center (IBRC), established in 1925, is a research unit in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. The IBRC provides and interprets economic information for the state’s business, government and nonprofit organizations, as well as users of such information throughout the nation.
The IBRC maintains databases on topics such as income, employment, taxes, industry sectors, education, and demographics, as well as other economic indicators for the nation, the state and local areas. The Center conducts original research to generate information when existing data are not available or sufficient.
STATS Indiana is the statistical data utility for the State of Indiana, developed and maintained since 1985 by the Indiana Business Research Center at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business. It is the Center's main data hub for economic, demographic and social data and is available to the public.
- The Leading Index for Indiana (LII) is a tool for Hoosier businesses and governments to provide a signal for changes in the general direction of the Indiana economy.
- The Innovation Index is a tool for economic policy makers that helps determine a region's innovation performance and potential.
- InContext: A bi-monthly publication that provides articles about Indiana's workforce and economy for a general audience.
- Indiana Business Review: Published continuously since 1926, the IBR provides analysis on economic and demographic issues.
- AUBER 2009 Publication Award
- AUBER 2006 Publication Award
- AUBER 2003 Publication Award
- NASDA 2001 Publication Award
- LMI 2000 Publication Award
Indiana Business Review
- AUBER 2009 Economic Outlook Publication Award
- AUBER 2009 Award for Excellence
List of directors
- Jerry Conover, 2003-current
- Morton Marcus, 1970–2003
- Indiana Business Research Center
- "Research Centers, Institutes and Museums". Indiana University Vice President for Research. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "STATS Indiana". Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Indiana Business Research Center". Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "About the Leading Index for Indiana". STATS Indiana. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Why to Use the Innovation Index". Innovation in American Regions. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Reports and Studies". Indiana Business Research Center. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "InContext". Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Indiana Business Review". Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "IU's Kelley School of Business wins three national awards for IBRC research publications". IU News Room. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "IU economic publication receives national award". IU News Room. Retrieved June 7, 2011.