Indiana Christian University
|Indiana Christian University|
|Location||Noblesville, Indiana, United States|
Indiana Christian University (ICU) is an unaccredited conservative Christian university located in the Indianapolis suburb of Noblesville, Indiana. ICU maintains two main campuses in Indianapolis and South Bend, Indiana, as well as several extension campuses across the United States.
According to the school's catalog, the institution started in 1907 as a Bible education group, was chartered in 1923 as Indiana Bible Institute, and became Indiana Bible College in 1934. It adopted the present name in 1940. In 1988 it became part of Lester Sumrall Evangelistic Association (LeSEA Ministries) of South Bend, Indiana, and merged with World Harvest Bible College (not to be confused with World Harvest Bible College in Columbus, Ohio, which is now Valor Christian College) in 1993.
The school is not accredited by any organization recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. As of 2008, it was listed as having approval from the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs for military veterans' education for associate's and bachelor degrees.
Indiana Christian University offers a one year "Certificate of Charismatic Studies", as well as various Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, and graduate and post-graduate degrees.
Alumni and honorary degree recipients
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
- Tunde Bakare - Honorary D.Min. - Vice Presidential Candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Joseph Chambers - Pentecostal minister and author
- Ulf Ekman - Honorary D.D. - President of Livets Ord University.
- George L. Faull - Rel. D. in 1981 - Founder and president of Summit Theological Seminary
- Charles Humble - honorary Doctor of Psychology - promulgator of the controversial "Computer Voice Stress Analyzer", used in U.S. police and military organizations to verify truthfulness of subjects' statements (although the accuracy of this method has been seriously undermined, e.g. by Hollien et al (2008) Journal of Forensic Sciences)
- Rod Parsley- Hon. D.D. Christian Minister (World Harvest Church), author, and founder and chancellor of Valor Christian College
- Harold S. Slusher - Honorary D.Sc - Controversial creationist
- List of unaccredited institutions of higher learning
- List of unrecognized accreditation associations of higher learning
- "2009 ICU Catalog". Indiana Christian University. Retrieved 2010.
- "Directory of Institutions". Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education. Archived from the original on March 23, 2008.
- "Indiana Christian University". LeSEA Ministries. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Kendrick Frazier. Science Confronts the Paranormal. Prometheus Books. p. 314. ISBN 9781615926190.
|This article about a university or college in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|