|Full name||Indy Eleven|
|Stadium||Michael Carroll Stadium|
|Head Coach||Juergen Sommer|
|League||North American Soccer League
to start play in 2014 season
|Website||Club home page|
Indy Eleven is an American professional soccer team to be based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Founded in 2013, the team will make its debut in the North American Soccer League in 2014. The official club name, crest and colors were announced on April 25, 2013.
The franchise is in talks with Indiana University to play its home games at Michael Carroll Stadium located on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, with long term plans of a new stadium in the city's downtown district. The club's head coach is Juergen Sommer.
On January 16, 2013, NASL announced that an Indianapolis expansion team owned by Ersal Ozdemir, CEO of Keystone Group LLC, would join the league in 2014. Ozdemir named Peter Wilt as the team's first President and General Manager, this after the veteran American soccer executive had served in a consulting role to explore the viability of professional soccer in Indianapolis in the three months leading up to the January 2013 announcement.
Indy Pro Soccer's vision is to create a team that is representative of Indiana and creates strong emotional connections with its fans. Those connections will be made with Indiana’s youth and adult soccer community and the active young adult urban and ethnic populations. The makeup of the team will reflect the community, so that it can live up to its slogan of "The World's Game, Indiana's Team". The club has secured over 6,000 season ticket deposits for its inaugural 2014 campaign as of October 2013.
The name and club colors were officially revealed to the public on April 25, 2013 during a ceremony held at Indianapolis' iconic Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Indy Eleven named former Indiana University standout, U.S. international and English Premier League and Major League Soccer veteran Juergen Sommer as its first Head Coach/Director of Soccer Operations on June 11, 2013.
The name "Eleven" references the eleven men who will take to the field representing Indiana and also pays homage to Indiana's 11th Regiment Indiana Infantry in the American Civil War, whilst the navy colored checkered background is a nod to both Indianapolis' auto-racing culture and the Brickyard Battalion supporters group which is often credited to bringing pro soccer back in Indianapolis. Lady Victory from the Soldiers' and Sailors' monument is the focal point of the crest. The color scheme is the same as that of the civic flag of Indianapolis.
- 2014 – Michael A. Carroll Stadium Track & Soccer Stadium (campus of IUPUI)
Predominantly red, white and blue, the jerseys unveiled on October 1, 2013, also feature a sublimated checker board pattern paying homage to Indianapolis' rich auto racing heritage centered around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The jerseys will be manufactured by Diadora and Honda is the shirt sponsor.
Where a player has not declared an international allegiance, nation is determined by place of birth. Squad correct as of November 11, 2013.
|24||Goalkeeper||Nicht, KristianKristian Nicht||Germany|
|—||Goalkeeper||Sprenkel, NathanNathan Sprenkel||United States|
|—||Defender||Norales, ErickErick Norales||Honduras|
|—||Defender||Omosegbon, BabaBaba Omosegbon||Nigeria|
- Peter Wilt – Team President & General Manager
- Juergen Sommer – Head Coach & Director of Soccer Operations
- Tim Regan – Assistant Coach
- "NASL Awards Team To Indianapolis". North American Soccer League. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Indy officially lands 12th North American Soccer League Franchise". Indianapolis Star. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Juergen Sommer to Lead Indy Eleven as Director of Soccer Operations and Head Coach". www.Indy Eleven.com. June 11, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- Hawley, Larry. "Indy Eleven’s support grows as first player, jersey are introduced". fox59.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Indy Eleven Taking Soccer to the Next Level | North American Soccer League". Nasl.com. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Indy Eleven’s First Player Is A ‘Keeper – Indy Eleven". Indyeleven.com. May 3, 1970. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Indy Eleven Identity". Indy Eleven. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- "Twitter / IndyEleven: Here's a pic of today's special". Twitter.com. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Townsend, Rebecca. "Indy Eleven's new goalie, new jerseys | Sports + Recreation | NUVO News | Indianapolis, IN". Nuvo.net. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Players, Asst. Coach Added during #Celebrate7000". indyeleven.com. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Official website
- Video of club's NASL introduction
- Video of club's jersey' unveiling, sponsorship, and first player