Indianapolis Regional Airport
|Indianapolis Regional Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KMQJ – FAA LID: MQJ|
|Owner||Indianapolis Airport Authority|
|Location||Greenfield / McCordsville|
|Elevation AMSL||862 ft / 263 m|
Indianapolis Regional Airport (ICAO: KMQJ, FAA LID: MQJ) is in Hancock County, Indiana. Owned by Indianapolis Airport Authority, it is 14 miles east of downtown Indianapolis. The airport is 8 miles northwest of Greenfield and 3 miles southwest of McCordsville. It was Mount Comfort Airport until March 2011.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport for Indianapolis International Airport. Many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, but Indianapolis Regional Airport is MQJ to the FAA and has no IATA code. (IATA assigned MQJ to Moma Airport in Khonuu, Russia).
The airport is home to the Indianapolis Air Show.
Indianapolis Regional Airport covers 1,805 acres (730 ha) at an elevation of 862 feet (263 m). It has two runways: 7/25 is 5,504 by 100 ft (1,678 by 30 m) asphalt and 16/34 is3,901 by 75 ft (1,189 by 23 m) concrete.
In 2011 the airport had 47,600 aircraft operations, average 130 per day: 84% general aviation and 16% air taxi. 125 aircraft were then based at the airport: 86% single-engine, 9% multi-engine, 3% jet, 1% helicopter, and 1% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MQJ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Indianapolis Regional Airport". Indianapolis Airport Authority. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Mount Comfort Airport becomes Indianapolis Regional on Friday, March 11, 2011" (PDF) (Press release). Indianapolis Airport Authority. March 9, 2011.
- Indianapolis Air Show
- Indianapolis Regional Airport, official page from Indianapolis Airport Authority
- Indy Jet, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MQJ, effective January 8, 2015
- Resources for this airport: