Indira Nagar, Lucknow
Indira Nagar (originally named as Ram Sagar Mishra Nagar) was a well planned colony, divided into four blocks, namely, A-Block, B-Block, C-Block, and D-Block but now has several sectors, now totaling to 25. Few Urban Villages can be seen now which were not razed during the development of the colony like Ghazipur, Tikapurwa, Amrai Gaon and Bastauli.
Blocks and markets
Bhootnath (B-Block) is the main market in this locality. Other markets are the group of Lekhraj Market Complexes,Amrapali Market, Sahara Shopping Centre, Meena Market (all A-Block), Shivaji Market, Nagina Plaza, Hanuman Mandir Market (all C-Block), Munshi Pulia (D-Block) etc. The place also has a large number of bank branches, guest houses, banquet halls and hospitals, chemists, construction material shops at Faizabad Main Road, schools and various government offices and utilities.
Indira Nagar has a number of well developed jogging parks. Aurobindo park and Swarn Jayanti are well known parks developed by Avas Vikas. Few Parks within different neighbourhoods have emerged in recent times like Vivekanand Park in the C-Block.
All the roads in this locality are perpendicular and whole colony is very well connected by auto rickshaws. Another popular medium are manual rickshaws. The roads in Indira Nagar are developed. This colony has many gardens & parks.
Most of the schools in Indira Nagar are operating within localities. Some of them are:
- Red Hill Kindergarten (A Block)
-  Spring Dale College, A-Block
- St. Dominic near Bhootnath Market
- City Montessori School (A-Block)
- Sherwood Academy (Sector 25)
- St Mary's (D-Block)
- Rani Laxmi Bai Memorial Senior Secondary School (C-block and Sector 14)
- Central Academy Lucknow (Sector 9)
- Delhi Public School (Sector 19)
- D.A.V. Public School (Sector 18)
- Eram Inter College (C-Block)
- New Way School (A-Block)
- Gurukul Academy (B-Block)
- United World School (Sector 15)
- ICCMRT, Lucknow (Sector 21)
|This Lucknow district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|