Indochinese Communist Party
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Communist Party of Vietnam. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2013.|
The Indochinese Communist Party or ICP (Vietnamese: Đảng Cộng sản Đông Dương) was a political party which was transformed from old Vietnamese Communist Party (Việt Nam Cộng sản Đảng) in October 1930. This party dissolved itself on 11 November 1945.
The old Vietnamese Communist Party (Việt Nam Cộng sản Đảng) was founded on 3 February 1930 by uniting the Communist Party of Indochina (despite its name, this party was active only in Tonkin) and Communist Party of Annam (active only in Cochinchina). Thereafter, the Communist League of Indochina (active only in central Annam) joined the Vietnamese Communist Party.
The Comintern, however, argued that the communist movement should be promoted in the whole French Indochina (including Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam) but not only Vietnam. It, therefore urged the Vietnamese Communist Party transform to be the Indochinese Communist Party.
In a resolution issued by the Vietnamese Communist Party on October 1930, the party criticized its own regulations and party name. The resolution said: "When naming the party "Vietnamese Communist Party", it implies that Cambodia and Laos are not concerned. Excluding these countries is a wrong thing because Annam, Cambodia and Laos should closely contact each other in terms of politics and economics even though they do not share a language, custom, and ethic." The resolution required: "to give up the name "Vietnamese Communist Party" and to take the new name "Indochinese Communist Party"".
Later, Indochinese Communist Party issued a flyer to declair to explain the reason of changing the name. The flyer mentioned on the relationship between Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and emphasized the need of a union of three countries to overthrow the French colonial regime in Indochina.
Party's activity program 
Party activity was based around 10 points:
- To overthrow French imperialism and Vietnamese feudalism and reactionary bourgeoisie;
- To make Indochina completely independent;
- To establish a worker-peasant-soldier government;
- To confiscate the banks and other enterprises belonging to the imperialists and put them under the control of the worker-peasant-soldier government;
- To confiscate all the plantations and property belonging to the imperialists and the Vietnamese reactionary bourgeoisie and distribute them to the poor peasants;
- To implement the 8-hour working day;
- To abolish the forced buying of government bonds, the poll-tax and all unjust taxes hitting the poor;
- To bring democratic freedoms to the masses;
- To dispense education to all the people;
- To realize equality between man and woman.
Self dismiss 
On 11 November 1945, the Indochinese Communist Party issued a communique to declare self dismiss. Later in 1951, the Vietnamese members of the party founded the Workers Party of Vietnam (Đảng Lao động Việt Nam)
- Ho Chi Minh and the Communist Movement
- "Án Nghị quyết của Trung ương toàn thể Đại hội nói về tình hình hiện tại ở Đông Dương và nhiệm vụ cần kíp của Đảng 10-1930"
- "Truyền đơn giải thích việc đổi tên Đảng"
- Appeal Made on the Occasion of the Founding of the Indochinese Communist Party by Ho Chi Minh, Selected Writings of Ho Chi Minh (1920-1969), accessed 2February 2011
- Thông cáo Đảng Cộng sản Đông Dương tự ý giải tán, ngày 11-11-1945