Indonesia–Mexico relations refers to the bilateral relations of Indonesia and Mexico. The diplomatic relations were officially established in 1953, Indonesia has an embassy in Mexico City, while Mexico has an embassy in Jakarta that also accredited to East Timor. Both nations sees their counterpart as their strategic partners in each regions, Indonesia in Southeast Asia, and Mexico in North America region. Mexico has renewed its interest on Asia, sees Indonesia's strategic role in ASEAN, and willing to create an economic partnership agreement with Indonesia. Subsequently, the initiative to improving economic relations is welcomed by Indonesia. Both countries are partners in multilateral organizations such as the World Trade Organization (WTO), Forum of East Asia-Latin America Cooperation, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation and G-20 major economies.
In 2012, the trade volume between Indonesia and Mexico reached US$1.22 billion in favor to Indonesia. With exports value $649.88 million and imports $568.44 million in return, Indonesia has a $81.44 million surplus in its trade balances with Mexico. Indonesia mainly sells textiles, rubber, palm oil and gold, while buying aluminum, silver, copper, cotton, tractors, computer parts and petroleum products from Mexico.
During his administration, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono visited Mexico twice, on November 2008 and in June 2012 attended G-20 Summit in Los Cabos. During his 2008 visit, Yudhoyono signed a number of agreements in education, agriculture, promotion of trade and energy cooperation sectors. Indonesian Foreign Affair Minister Marty Natalegawa paid a visit to Mexico on May 2013 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Indonesia-Mexico diplomatic relations. To commemorate this event, The Mexican and Indonesian Post Office issued a joint stamp illustrating animals as the symbol of both nations, the Mexican Jaguar (Panthera onca hernandesii) and Indonesian Clouded Leopard (Neofelis diardi).
- "Commemorating 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations, Indonesia and Mexico Agree to Improve Partnership". The President Post. May 15, 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Veeramalla Anjaiah (September 15, 2008). "Mexico, Indonesia are still good friends after 55 years: Envoy". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Linda Yulisman (April 23, 2013). "Mexico expects free-trade deal with Indonesia". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Yudhoyono leaves for America for G-20, APEC summits". The Jakarta Post. November 13, 2008. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Priyambodo RH (June 24, 2012). "President Yudhoyono concludes Latin American visit". Antara News. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "60 Years of Indonesia-Mexico Diplomatic Relations joint stamp issue". Stamp News. 09.04.2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013. Check date values in: