Rock Indo (Indonesian:Rock Indo) is rock music from Indonesia, a product of the culture and globalizing outlook of the country, similar to this genre's music globally. Indonesian-specific ideas about individualism, interdependency, modernism, and the supernatural have also been observed in the rock videos and music of the nation. Some Indonesian rock bands sometimes perform in the Dangdut style, which was created as a reaction to the influx of popular American music into the country in the 1960s. Due to the politicizing of the Dangdut form in the 1980s, forms of rock which contained more foreign influences came to represent dissent from the Sukarno government.
One of the largest rock festivals in Indonesia is the Jakarta Rock Parade, a 3-day festival recently hosting over 100 bands.
List of bands 
This is a list of Indonesian rock bands:
- Andra and The BackBone
- The Changcuters
- Danger Rangers (Indonesia)
- God Bless
- Guruh Gipsy
- Kantata Takwa
- Koes Plus
- /rif (Band)
- Saint Loco
- Sajama Cut
- Shorthand Phonetics
- Sucker Head
- Superman Is Dead
- Tengkorak 
- The S.I.G.I.T.
- The Brandals
- Tielman Brothers
- Tika and the Dissidents
- Zeke and the Popo
See also 
- Kacy Richmond Behind the Scenes: Indonesian Rock, Bi-College News, March 1st, 2005 . Retrieved 01-31-2009
- David Hill and Krishna Sen, Rock'n'Roll radicals, Inside Indonesia 52, Oct-Dec 1997. Retrieved 01-30-2009
- Indonesia rediscovers its own rock legend, International Herald Tribune, August 1, 2008. Retrieved 01-31-2009
- "Boomerang Berencana Luncurkan Lagu Baru". ANTARA News (in Indonesian). 2009-04-01.
- "Changcuters bikin histeris". WawasanDigital (in Indonesian). 2008-11-14.
- "Brunei: 'Cokelat' flavour to fill Amphitheatre". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. 2003-07-03.
- "Rock legends make comeback for tsunami victims". The Jakarta Post. 2005-04-29.
- "Jamrud's new album 'Ningrat' cements status as top band". The Jakarta Post. 2001-06-03.
- "Band Netral Belum Berminat 'Ngepop'". ANTARA News (in Indonesian). 2007-11-30.
- "Power Metal Rilis Album Kebesaran-Mu". Lampung Post (in Indonesian). 2004-11-01.
- "/rif Rilis Pil Malu". Gatra (in Indonesian). 2006-09-19.
- "Seurieus Segera Luncurkan Album Baru". Gatra (in Indonesian). 2005-11-21.
- Garger, Ilya; Perry, Alex; Shum, Keane; Tedjasukmana, Jason (2005-09-12). "Five Asian Albums Worth Buying'". Time Magazine Asia.
- "Sucker Head (Kembali) Menggebrak dengan 'Hipertensi'". Sinar Harapan (in Indonesian). 2004-09-25.