|Full name||Indy Eleven|
|Stadium||Michael Carroll Stadium|
|Head Coach||Juergen Sommer|
|League||North American Soccer League|
|Website||Club home page|
Indy Eleven is an American professional soccer team based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Founded in 2013, the team made its debut in the North American Soccer League on April 12, 2014. The official club name, crest and colors were announced on April 25, 2013.
The franchise plays its home games at the recently-renovated Michael Carroll Stadium located on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, with long term plans of a new stadium in the city's downtown district. The club's head coach is Juergen Sommer.
On January 16, 2013, NASL announced that an Indianapolis expansion team owned by Ersal Ozdemir, CEO of Keystone Group LLC, would join the league in 2014. Ozdemir named Peter Wilt as the team's first President and General Manager, this after the veteran American soccer executive had served in a consulting role to explore the viability of professional soccer in Indianapolis in the three months leading up to the January 2013 announcement.
Indy Eleven's vision is to create a team that is representative of Indiana and creates strong emotional connections with its fans. Those connections will be made with Indiana’s youth and adult soccer community and the active young adult urban and ethnic populations. The makeup of the team will reflect the community, so that it can live up to its slogan of "The World's Game, Indiana's Team". The club sold over 7,000 season tickets for its inaugural 2014 campaign.
The name and club colors were officially revealed to the public on April 25, 2013 during a ceremony held at Indianapolis' Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Indy Eleven named former Indiana University standout, U.S. international and English Premier League and Major League Soccer veteran Juergen Sommer as its first Head Coach/Director of Soccer Operations on June 11, 2013.
Even though the team didn't begin play until the spring 2014 season, the team announced in November 2013 that it had already sold over 7,000 season tickets, and in capping season ticket sales, became the first NASL team to have a wait list for season tickets.
The team made its NASL regular-season debut on April 12, 2014, in a 1–1 draw against the Carolina Railhawks, at home in front of 11,048 fans at Carroll Stadium.
|Season||Division||League||Reg. Season||Playoffs||U.S. Open Cup||Attendance|
The name "Eleven" references the eleven men who will take to the field representing Indiana and also pays homage to Indiana's 11th Regiment Indiana Infantry in the American Civil War, while the navy colored checkered background is a nod to both Indianapolis' auto-racing culture and the Brickyard Battalion supporters group which is often credited to bringing pro soccer back in Indianapolis. Lady Victory from the Soldiers' and Sailors' monument is the focal point of the crest. The color scheme is the same as that of the civic flag of Indianapolis.
- 2014 – IU Michael A. Carroll Track & Soccer Stadium (campus of Indiana University—Purdue University Indianapolis)
In spring 2014, Indy Eleven sought to build a new $87 million stadium with a capacity of 18,500 seats, but were not able to build the political support to finance their plan.
Predominantly red, white and blue, the jerseys unveiled on October 1, 2013, also feature a sublimated checker board pattern paying homage to Indianapolis' rich auto racing heritage centered around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The jerseys will be manufactured by Diadora and Honda is the shirt sponsor.
- Peter Wilt – Team President & General Manager
- Tom Dunmore – Vice President of Marketing & Operations
- Juergen Sommer – Head Coach & Director of Soccer Operations
- Tim Regan – Assistant Coach
- Paul Telfer – Assistant Coach
- Gary Yohe – Goalkeeper Coach
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
|2||Forward||Ambersley, MikeMike Ambersley||United States||2014–||5||1||6|
|Midfielder||Smith, BlakeBlake Smith||United States||2014–||2||4||6|
|3||Forward||Spencer, BenBen Spencer||United States||2014–||2||2|
|Defender||Norales, ErickErick Norales||Honduras||2014–||2||2|
|Forward||Smart, DonDon Smart||Jamaica||2014–||2||2|
|Midfielder||Johnson, JermaineJermaine Johnson||Jamaica||2014–||2||2|
|4||Midfielder||Ring, BradBrad Ring||United States||2014–||1||1|
|Midfielder||Mares, DylanDylan Mares||United States||2014–||1||1|
- Ambersley scored the first official goal for the team.
- "NASL Awards Team To Indianapolis". North American Soccer League. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Indy officially lands 12th North American Soccer League Franchise". Indianapolis Star. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Juergen Sommer to Lead Indy Eleven as Director of Soccer Operations and Head Coach". www.Indy Eleven.com. June 11, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- Hawley, Larry. "Indy Eleven’s support grows as first player, jersey are introduced". fox59.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Indy Eleven Taking Soccer to the Next Level | North American Soccer League". Nasl.com. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Indy Eleven’s First Player Is A ‘Keeper – Indy Eleven". Indyeleven.com. May 3, 1970. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Indy Eleven ticket sales far exceeding projections", Indianapolis Business Journal, November 11, 2013
- "Indy Eleven soccer stadium proposal shelved", Indy Star, March 6, 2014.
- NASL match center. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Identity". Indy Eleven. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- "Twitter / IndyEleven: Here's a pic of today's special". Twitter.com. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Townsend, Rebecca. "Indy Eleven's new goalie, new jerseys | Sports + Recreation | NUVO News | Indianapolis, IN". Nuvo.net. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Indy Eleven Roster". indyeleven.com. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- "Eleven adds Frias, Corrado". indyeleven.com. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Add Midfielder Sergio Peña". indyeleven.com. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- ""JJ" Joins Eleven". indyeleven.com. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Signs Forward Jhulliam to Roster". indyeleven.com. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Eleven Inks Defender Cory Miller". indyeleven.com. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Management". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven NASL: Juergen Sommer". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven NASL: Tim Regan". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Management". Retrieved May 18, 2014.
- Official website
- Video of club's NASL introduction
- Video of club's jersey unveiling, sponsorship, and first player