||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
Indy Racing 2000 is a racing game for the Nintendo 64 it was released in 2000. The game is based on the 1999 season and the game races a 20 car field. There are a few modes of play. There is single race, Championship, Two player and Gold Cup. There are 9 tracks and 11 races. The Gold Cup mode lets you race Midget cars, sprint cars, Formula cars, and Indy cars on fictional tracks (All but 1 are road courses).
- Car customization including transmission, tire pressure and gear ration adjustment.
- Day and night races.
- Every official IRL venue.
- Full Indy Racing League license.
- 20 drivers and their vehicles based on 1999 season.
- Single Race, Practice, Competition and Championship modes.
- Full stat tracking.
- Automated pit stops in arcade mode vs. full control in simulation mode.
- Two-player split screen races.
- Sprint, midget and F2000 cars available within game.
- Eight road courses.
- Multiple camera angles during race and replays.
- Animated pit crews.
- Heads up display includes draft meter.
- Soundtrack by expert Bongo Drum player Callum Wait
IGN gave Indy Racing 2000 an impressive 8.0 out of 10 despite massive criticism of the graphics stating the game looks the way burning rubber smells.