Inês Thomas Almeida
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2010)|
Inês Thomas Almeida (* 11 June 1976 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) is a Dominican Republic-born Portuguese lyric singer (Mezzosoprano) and editor of the web-magazine Berlinda.org currently living in Berlin.
Life and career
Ines Thomas Almeida was born in the Dominican Republic and grew up in Portugal as a bilingual and with double nationality. After studying Piano in Lisbon she entered the University of Évora to study Singing, where she was twice awarded "Best Student of the University" in two consecutive years.
She then moved to Germany and studied Singing with Klaus Häger at the Rostock University of Music and Theater, having graduated there in 2007. As a member of the Opera Studio she performed several roles, such as the main role in Orfeo ed Euridice from Christoph Willibald Gluck and Zia Principessa in Suor Angelica from Giacomo Puccini. She also took masterclasses with Teresa Berganza, Krisztina Laki, Hanna Schwarz, Jill Feldman, Claudia Eder and Norman Shetler. She also performed as a soloist in many concerts in Germany.
In 2008 she was prizewinner of the International Singing Contest Kammeroper Schloss Rheinsberg, in which participated more than 450 candidates from 40 countries. As a prizewinner she sang in many productions at the Schloss Rheinsberg Opera. She also performed in the "Rheinsberger Sängernacht" with Arias from the Opera Carmen from Georges Bizet. She is a scholarship holder of the Yehudi Menuhin Live Music Now Foundation.
In February 2009, invited by the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Portugal, she performed with great success the recital Poema en Forma de Canciones at the Palácio Foz in Lisbon with art songs of ibero-American composers.
She performs regularly in Portugal, in the Dominican Republic and in Germany. She sings not only the classic repertoire of opera and German Lied, but also art songs of ibero-American countries and Portuguese Fado.
In 2011 she created the magazine Berlinda, a bilingual publication in both German and Portuguese, which deals with the cultural interaction between Berlin and the Portuguese-speaking countries.
- Berlinda Edição, Conceito e Produção: Inês Thomas Almeida
- Inês Thomas Almeida
- Opernwelt 2008 "Regisseur Köhler buchstabiert gekonnt alle nur erdenklichen Komödienklischees durch, lässt seine Nachwuchsdarsteller mit Slapstick-Schmackes die Schotten ohne Schotter spielen – wobei Ines Thomas Almeida aus dem achtköpfigen ."
- Instituto Duartiano Lisboa, Biography (spanish).
- Dechow Cultural Week 2006, Information from the Dechow Cultural Week 2006 (german).
- Potsdamer Neue Nachrichten: Artist from 16 countries – Competition Schloss Rheinsberg has ended, 5 March 2008.
- Rostock graduate wins Competition Schloss Rheinsberg
- Das Orchester:Portuguese wins international singing competition
- Opernwelt – review to La Dame Blanche
- Rheinsberger Sängernacht full of contrasts, Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung from 15 July 2008 (german).
- Yehudi Menuhin Live Music Now List of fellowship holders.
- Culture Week, Programm information from the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Portugal (spanish).
- "POEMA EN FORMA DE CANCIONES" – IBERO-AMERICAN SONGS Concert programm at the Homepage of the Casa da America Latina
- Biography of the singer (portuguese)
- Inés Thomas Almeida en el Palacio Foz Concert review (spanish)
- Sehnsucht – Saudade Fado meets classic