|Developer(s)||Infinit International Inc.|
|Initial release||November 2013|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows
OS X 10.7+
Infinit is a file transfer service operated by Infinit International Inc. The Infinit product takes the form of a native client running on OS X (10.7+) and Windows. In 2015 its Linux and iOS native clients should be released.
The product enables users to send files to each other through a simple drag/drop process. The data is transferred by connecting directly to the recipient in a peer-to-peer configuration, as opposed to the server-centric model used by cloud services. The service has been reported to be faster than the competitive solutions, including Apple's local file transfer protocol AirDrop. In addition, the files are encrypted before being transferred and are never stored in the cloud (on a third-party machine). Files are encrypted before leaving the sender's computer so that third-parties cannot view the files; only the recipient can decrypt them.
It was reported the company had a $0.5 million investment from Alive Ideas and other business angels and after 4 months in stealth mode, the company released its first product, its file transfer app for Mac.
Infinit was a member of the second season of Le Camping, a Paris-based startup accelerator, participating in a 6-month program from September 2011 to March 2012. Infinit was selected in July 2013 by Agoranov, a research-based startup incubator in Paris.
Infinit has been mentioned in some startup competitions such as Qualcomm QPrize 2012 and in March 2014 it was one of the 13 companies selected (among over 1000 applicants) by Techstars, a mentorship-driven startup incubator, to join its New York City program. By May 2014 the company raised an additional $1.8 million investment from Alven Capital Partners and 360 Capital Partners.
- "Infinit and beyond: This could become the ultimate file-sharing desktop app for creatives". The Next Web. June 2014.
- "Infinit Makes File Transfers Between Macs Fast and Painless".
- "Infinit launches a new, fast file-transfer app for Mac OS".
- "Alive Ideas". Alive Ideas web site. Archived from the original on 23 July 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- "Infinit: A fast, unlimited file-transfer desktop app for creatives".
- "Season 2 Le Camping". Web site. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "12 Projets Incubée par Agoranov Rėcompensės au Concours National la Cėation D'Énteprises Innovantes 2013". Agoranov web site. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2013. (French)
- "Winner of Qualcomm Venture QPrize 2012". Wired. October 2012.
- "13 New Techstars Companies for Spring Session in NYC". March 2014.
- "Infinit Raises $1.8 Million To Become The Definitive File Sharing App". Techcrunch. May 2014.
- "How to safely share files without the cloud". Fox Business. November 2014.
- Julien Quintard (12 June 2012). "Towards a worldwide storage infrastructure". Retrieved 10 August 2013.