Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation
|Traded as||NASDAQ: IPCC|
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, Alabama United States|
|Key people||James R. Gober, President and Chief Executive Officer
Roger Smith, Chief Financial Officer
|Revenue||$0.9 billion USD (2009)|
Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a national provider of car insurance. Infinity Insurance, a top-performing Infinity brand, provides nonstandard car insurance through more than 12,500 independent agents. Nonstandard insurance serves individuals unable to secure coverage through standard insurance companies. This can be due to a driving record with accidents and/or tickets, prior DUI, the driver's age, vehicle type, or others.
The company was formed in December 2002 when American Financial Group transferred its outstanding common stock for Infinity Insurance Companies, Leader Insurance, Windsor Auto, Atlanta Casualty Companies, and Great American Personal Lines into Infinity Property & Casualty. Infinity became a publicly traded company in February 2003 with its listing on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
Infinity offers three types of personal car insurance policies, which differ based on the amount of coverage they provide. Infinity also sells commercial vehicle and classic collector or exotic automobile policies.
According to its web site, Infinity is the third largest provider of nonstandard car insurance through independent agents in the nation. IPCC is also listed one of the top 50 Property and Casualty Insurance companies. Competitors include other writers of nonstandard insurance like GEICO and Progressive, as well as more traditional providers like Allstate, State Farm, USAA, and Nationwide.
According to an annual Brand Survey administered by the independent research group Sentenium Infinity was called, "the most recognized brand among Hispanics" in California for 2007 and 2008.
According to a recent press release, Infinity replaced its fleet of 400 sport utility vehicles with a more fuel efficient model. This move to become climate neutral is one part of an overall effort by Infinity to "go green".
- IBM and Infinity Insurance: Reducing Costs While Increasing Productivity
- The Barber Shop
- Está buena la propaganda - Infinity Auto Commercial
- "Eye Patch" Video Wins ACMP "Golden Award"
- 3rd Annual Infinity Cares Award Addresses High School Dropout Epidemic
- Police Join Infinity in Fight for Lower Premiums
- ESPN Deportes Signs Sponsors for 'El Reportero'
- Infinity Insurance Debuts New Commercials During the World Cup Qualifier
- Infinity gossip.
- Who is the leading car insurance company?
- Insurance.com Adds Infinity Insurance
- McAllen, TX Welcomes New Infinity Call Center and New Jobs
- Infinity Insurance Announces New Spokesperson, Ali Vincent, First Female "Biggest Loser" Winner
- Infinity Insurance $1.99 Gas Promotion Stops Traffic in Atlanta
- Infinity Insurance to Sponsor Chicago's Navy Pier Fireworks
- Infinity Back-to -School Hispanic Support
- Infinity: Success Stories from PHH Arval: Infinity's Green Initiative Takes a Drive
- Agents Alliance: Infinity Insurance Collecting Toys for Holiday
- Insurance Journal Interviews Todd Gober on PASS Program