|Employees||7 (Feb. 2004)|
Infitec GmbH is a German company that specializes in 3-dimensional technology. It owns a technique for channel separation in stereo projection based on interference filters (Interference filter technologie). Images for the left and right eye with basic colors are projected at different wavelengths (so-called wavelength multiplexing), for example:
- Left eye: Red 629nm, Green 532nm, Blue 446nm
- Right eye: Red 615nm, Green 518nm, Blue 432nm
The channel separation of the projected images is done with a pair of glasses that have selective interference filters for each eye at the appropriate wavelength.
Infitec's 3-D technology was designed by Daimler Chrysler for virtual reality in automotive design uses. Under the project title "wavelength multiplex visualization system" to investigate a new approach of improving image quality and to enhance functionality in Virtual Reality systems.
In January 2009, Infitec founded a new company for her new technology Infitec Dualcolor3D.
- "Infitec homepage "about us"". infitec.net. Retrieved 2006-07-31.
- Keating, Gina (2006-07-31). "Dolby to offer 3-D cinema with Infitec technology". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2006-07-31.[dead link]
- Infitec homepage
- A description of the Infitec system at stereoscopy.com
- Dolby 3D Digital Cinema Video Technology Blog
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|