From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Inflate)
|Look up inflation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Inflation commonly refers to a rise in the general price level over a period of time (also known as price inflation).
Inflation may refer to:
- Monetary inflation, an expansion in the quantity of money in an economy.
- Academic inflation, the increase of job requirements due to the increase of college educated people seeking employment.
- Grade inflation, the increase over time of academic grades, faster than any real increase in standards.
- Inflation (cosmology), the (theorized) exponential expansion of the very early universe.
- Warm inflation, a particular description of cosmological inflation.
- The act of inflating an inflatable, anything designed to be expanded with air or gas (such as a balloon).
Mathematics and computation
- The action of INFLATE, the algorithm that reverses DEFLATE compression.
- The inflation map in group cohomology (mathematics).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.