Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Formed||December 1, 1999|
|Preceding Agency||National Computer Board (NCB)
Telecommunication Authority of Singapore (TAS)
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||10 Pasir Panjang Road. #10-01 Mapletree Business City. Singapore 117438|
|Annual budget||$34 million SGD (2011)[better source needed]|
|Agency executives||Yong Ying-I, Chairman
Steve Leonard, Executive Deputy Chairman
Jacqueline Poh, Managing Director (from 10 June 2013)
|Parent agency||Ministry of Communications and Information|
The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (Abbreviation: IDA; Chinese: 新加坡资讯通信发展管理局; Malay: Penguasa Pembangunan Infokom Singapura) is a statutory board of the Singapore government, under the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI). It was formed in 1999 when the government merged the National Computer Board (NCB) and Telecommunication Authority of Singapore (TAS), as a result of a growing convergence of information technology and telephony. The Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) is responsible for the development and growth of the infocomm sector in Singapore. IDA functions as the country's infocomm industry champion, the national infocomm master-planner and developer, and the Government Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Intelligent Nation 2015
IDA is in charge of the nation's 10-year infocomm masterplan, also known as Intelligent Nation 2015 (iN2015). Through iN2015, two key components introduced as part of the Next Generation National Infocomm Infrastructure (NGNII) initiative are firstly, Wireless@SG a wireless broadband programme developed by IDA  and secondly, the next-generation National Broadband Network (NBN), a nationwide ultra-high speed broadband network supporting speeds of up to 1Gbit/s targeted for completion in 2012.
Programmes and Initiatives
IDA oversees and / or participates in a variety of programmes and initiatives across Singapore. A few of the key ones:
- eCitizen portal, Gateway to all Singapore Government services
- Infocomm Talent Portal, One-Stop Infocomm Educational and Career Resource Portal
- eGov.sg, Singapore’s e-Government website
- eGL, e-Government Leadership Centre
- PDPC, Personal Data Protection Commission
IDA has four subsidiaries set up to perform specific functions that are beyond IDA's primary role and responsibilities. The subsidiaries are IDA International, IDA International official website, Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd (IIPL), Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC), and Assurity Trusted Solutions Pte Ltd.
- IT Management Association, Information Technology Association in Singapore
- National Infocomm Awards, National Infocomm Awards
- Singapore Computer Society, Society of IT practitioners in Singapore
- Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation, Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF)
- Cyber Security Awareness Alliance, Gosafeonline.sg
- "Appointment of Deputy Chairman, MD at IDA Singapore". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Statutory Boards". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "Intelligent Nation 2015 (iN2015)". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "Next Generation National Infocomm Infrastructure (Next Gen NII)". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "Pushing Singapore's ICT ahead to 2015". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "IDA International". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "Infocomm Investments". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.
- "S'pore government preps 2FA facility". Retrieved 1 Dec 2013.