||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2011)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: INFA|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Products||Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Cloud|
|Revenue||$948 million(2013) |
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is a software development company. Founded in 1993, it's headquartered in Redwood City, California. It was founded by Diaz Nesamoney and Gaurav Dhillon. Sohaib Abbasi is the company's Chairman and CEO.
Informatica's product is a portfolio focused on Data Integration: ETL, Information Lifecycle Management, B2B Data Exchange, Cloud Data Integration, Complex Event Processing, Data Masking, Data Quality, Data Replication, Data Virtualization, Master Data Management, Ultra Messaging; currently at version 9.6  These components form a toolset for establishing and maintaining enterprise-wide data warehouses. It has a customer base of over 5,000 companies.
In 2006, Informatica launched its Informatica Cloud business.
In 2010, the Informatica Marketplace was launched offering a data integration eco-system for Partners, Customers, Developers and Informatica to share and leverage data integration solutions. As of Sept 2014, it features over 1,300 pre-built mappings, templates, connectors and add-ons for Informatica data integration and cloud data integration products.
Informatica PowerCenter, the flagship tool of Informatica works on basis of transformations which transform data in multiple ways.
Type of transformations:
• Active : One that can change the number of rows being output.
• Passive : One that cannot change the number of rows being output.
• Source qualifier - conversion of source datatypes to Informatica datatypes
• Expression - transforming data with functions
• Lookups - joining data with lookups
• Sorter & Aggregator - sorting and aggregating data
• Update Strategy expressions
• Transaction control - how to create transactions and control commits and rollbacks
• Java transformation - invoking Java methods, variables, third-party API's and built-in packages with Java transformation
|Revenue (USD) ||948,171,000||811,571,000||783,779,000||650,076,000||500,693,000|
|Net Income (USD) ||86,400,000||93,180,000||117,500,000||86,320,000||64,210,000|
- Seeking Alpha, Seeking Alpha, retrieved 23 Jan 2014
- INFA: Stock Quote & Summary Data, NASDAQ, retrieved 15 May 2010
- Informatica, Informatica website, retrieved 15 May 2010
- Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools, Gartner, 25 November 2009, retrieved 15 May 2010
- Adrian, Merv (10 June 2010), Informatica Re-Factors the Value Chain for the Cloud, IT Market Strategy, retrieved 7 July 2010
- "Informatica Marketplace-Press Release". Informatica. Feb 9, 2010.
- "Informatica Marketplace - Home". marketplace.informatica.com. Retrieved Sep 17, 2014.
- Karel, Rob (28 January 2010), Introducing The MDM Market’s Newest 800lb Gorilla: Informatica Acquires Siperian!, Forrester, retrieved 15 May 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Informatica Corporation.|