Information Processing Society of Japan
|Formation||April 22, 1960|
|Membership||16,944 regular members
2,446 student members
246 corporate members
(as of end of March, 2012)
The Information Processing Society of Japan ("IPSJ") is a Japan-based international learned society for computing. Founded in 1960, it is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and can be said to be roughly equivalent to the Association for Computing Machinery. IPSJ publishes a magazine and several professional journals, and sponsors conferences and workshops. It has nearly 20,000 members. IPSJ is a full member of the International Federation for Information Processing. The current president is Masaru Kitsuregawa, appointed in 2013.
IPSJ publishes one magazine, several journals, and several peer-reviewed transactions. Most of these publications primarily carry articles and peer-reviewed papers in Japanese, but accept articles in English, especially for transactions special issues. Some of the transactions accept articles only in English.
- Joho Shori magazine
- Journal of Information Processing
- Journal of Digital Practice
- Transactions on:
- Programming (PRO)
- Database (TOD)
- Consumer Device & System (CDS)
- Bioinformatics (TBIO) (English only)
- Computer Vision and Applications (CVA) (English only)
- Mathematical Modeling and its Applications (TOM)
- Advanced Computing Systems (ACS)
- Digital Contents (DCON)
- System Design LSI Methodology (T-SDLM) (English only)
- IPSJ Online Transactions (open access republishing of English-language papers previously published in primarily-Japanese transactions)
Every year since 1999, IPSJ has inducted a new group of Fellows.
Online Computer Museum
IPSJ maintains an excellent online Computer Museum of computers developed in Japan, featuring equipment ranging from old mechanical calculators to modern supercomputers, in both English and Japanese.
- "IFIP Members". Retrieved 2013–10–16. Check date values in:
- "Message from IPSJ President". Retrieved 2014–03–12. Check date values in:
- "IPSJ Transactions". Retrieved 2013–10–16. Check date values in:
- "Fellow-Information Processing Society of Japan". Retrieved 2013–10–18. Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Information Processing Society of Japan.|
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization or organization-related topic in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|