Software industry in Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh has a significant amount of Software export in India. While majority of the Industry is concentrated over Hyderabad, the upcoming cities like Vishakapatnam and Vijayawada are also becoming significant IT destinations in the state.
In Hyderabad, the central region of the business happens in HITEC City, in the Madhapur suburb. Development of HITEC City prompted several IT and ITES companies to set up operations in the city, and has led civic boosters to call their city "Cyberabad".
Hyderabad today has several software technology campuses containing companies that include:
- Analog Devices
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- Bank of America
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Computer Associates
- Capital IQ
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS)
- Covansys Corporation
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- EA Mobile
- EA Sports
- FactSet Research Systems
- General Electric (GE)
- Infotech Enterprises
- Juno Online Services
- Kantar Group
- Mahindra Satyam
- Model N
- Progress Software
- Rhythm and Hues Studios, India
- Sierra Atlantic
- Sumtotal Systems
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Tata Elxsi
- Thomson Reuters
- UBS AG
- Verizon Communications
- Wipro Technologies
In 2007,"Fab City", a silicon chip manufacturing facility, was finalised to be set up in the city with an investment of 13,300 crore ($3 billion) by the AMD-SemIndia consortium.
India's semiconductor ecosystem is poised to shape up with the government receiving seven confirmed investment proposals worth $7 billion for Fab City in Hyderabad. In addition, five more proposals amounting to $800 million have got an in-principle approval while three others are under active consideration.
However, the government had to cancel the allotment of land to 19 companies, including Moser Baer (100 acres) and MIC Electronics (15 acres) involving a total extent of 430 acres in the past as they failed to execute the projects as promised.
Notable IT Entrepreneurs associated with Hyderabad
- Shakti Sagar, President and CEO, Hyderabad Software Exporters Association & ADP Wilco.
- BVR Mohan Reddy, Founder and Chairman, Infotech Enterprises
- Ashok Soota, Chairman and Managing Director, MindTree Consulting.
- Arun K Maheswari, President and CEO, Computer Sciences Corporation India.
- Rajat Gupta, Managing Director, McKinsey & Co.
- Srini Raju Co-Founder and Chairman of Peepul Capital (successor to iLabs Venture Capital Fund), a Private Equity (PE) firm based out of Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Fab City|Hyderabad India
- http://www.sify.com/finance/govt-to-take-back-land-from-6-7-companies-in-fab-city-project-news-news-lebb5ffbgej.html Govt to take back land from 6-7 companies in Fab City project