|Traded as||BSE: 500209
BSE SENSEX Constituent
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Headquarters||Electronics City, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Key people||K. V. Kamath
S. D. Shibulal
(CEO & MD)
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||US$ 7.4 billion (2013)|
|Operating income||US$ 1.90 billion (2013)|
|Profit||US$ 1.72 billion (2013)|
|Total assets||US$ 8.53 billion (2013)|
|Total equity||US$ 7.33 billion (2013)|
Infosys Limited (formerly Infosys Technologies Limited) is an Indian multinational provider of business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. Infosys is the third-largest India-based IT services company by 2012 revenues. Of this revenue, the majority comes from international business. In 2009, Infosys collected 1.2% of its income from the domestic Indian market.
Infosys was co-founded in 1981 by Narayan Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, S. Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora after they resigned from Patni Computer Systems. The company was incorporated as "Infosys Consultants Pvt Ltd." in Model Colony, Pune as the registered office and signed up its first client, Data Basics Corporation, in New York. In 1983, Infosys corporate headquarters was relocated to Bangalore. In 1999, Infosys achieved Capability Maturity Model level 5 certification.
In recent years, Infosys has begun shifting operations to the United States and other countries outside of India. In 2012, Infosys announced a new office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to service Harley-Davidson, being the 18th international office in the United States. Infosys hired 1,200 United States employees in 2011, and expanded the workforce by an additional 2,000 employees in 2012. Globally, Infosys has 67 offices between the US, India, China, Australia, Japan, Middle East, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Canada.
- In December 2003, Infosys had acquired Australia-based IT service provider Expert Information Services for $23 million.
- In September 2012, Infosys acquired Switzerland-based Lodestone Management Consultants for about $345 million 
Life Insurance Corporation of India has 6.28%. Oppenheimer Developing Markets Fund, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, a sovereign wealth fund owned by Abu Dhabi, and the Government of Singapore also hold significant shareholdings as on June 30, 2012. The remaining public shares are owned by financial institutions and individual investors.
|Fiscal||Bonus Share Issue||Stock Split Ratio|
|1986||1:1||2 for 1|
|1989||1:1||2 for 1|
|1991||1:1||2 for 1|
|1992||1:1||2 for 1|
|1994||1:1||2 for 1|
|1997||1:1||2 for 1|
|1999||1:1||2 for 1|
|2000||-||2 for 1|
|2004||3:1||4 for 1|
|2006||1:1||2 for 1|
Infosys Foundation 
In 1996, Infosys established the Infosys Foundation, to support the underprivileged sections of society. At the outset, the Infosys Foundation implemented programs in Karnataka. It subsequently covered Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Punjab in a phased manner. A team at the Foundation identifies programs in the areas of Healthcare, Education, Culture, Destitute Care and Rural Development.
Academic Entente 
Infosys' Global Academic Relations team forges Academic Entente (AcE)[clarification needed] with academic and partner institutions. It explores co-creation opportunities between Infosys and academia through case studies, student trips and speaking engagements. They also collaborate on technology, emerging economies, globalization, and research. Some initiatives include research collaborations, publications, conferences and speaking sessions, campus visits and campus hiring.
Infosys Labs 
Infosys Labs is organized as a global network of research labs and innovation hubs.
Infosys Labs collaborates with leading national and international universities such as the University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Cambridge, Queensland University of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, IITB-Monash Research Academy, Purdue University, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore.
Awards and Recognitions 
Infosys ranked among the most innovative companies in a Forbes survey, leading technology companies in a report by The Boston Consulting Group and top ten green companies in Newsweek's Green Rankings.
Infosys was voted India's most admired company in The Wall Street Journal Asia 200 every year since 2000. The corporate governance practices were recognized by The Asset Platinum award and the IR Global Rankings. It was also ranked as the 15th most trusted brand in India by The Brand Trust Report 
Stock crash: On April 12, 2013, Infosys declared its Q4FY 2012-13 results.The Company projected a full year guidance of 6-10% for the FY 2013-14 and discontinued the practice of providing EPS guidance citing global uncertainities and volatilities ahead. Post the declaration of Q4 results, the stock tanked 22% eroding Rs.37,511 crores of investor wealth in a single trading session.
See also 
- List of IT companies in India
- List of companies of India
- List of acquisitions by Infosys BPO Limited
- "2010 Form 10-K, Infosys Technologies Limited". Infosys Invester.
- "Board of Directors".
- "Timeline of infosys".
- "Infosys to buy Australian firm Expert for $22.9 m".
- "Infosys acquires Swiss firm Lodestone for Rs.1,925 crore".
- Quarterly results, a/o June 30, 2012.
- , Infosys Foundation.
- "Infosys Foundation".
- "Academic Entente (AcE)". March 13, 2012. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "Academic Entente".
- "Infosys Ltd". The Times Of India.
- "USC - Infosys CAST". Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "CRC Smart Services".
- "Infosys, Israel sign pact for industrial R&D".
- "Global Academic Relations". Infosys. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "Forbes Survey".
- "The Boston Consulting Group".
- "Newsweek's Green Rankings".
- http://profit.ndtv.com/news/cheat-sheet/article-infosys-acquires-lodestone-for-350-mn-10-facts-31057. Missing or empty
- "The Wall Street Journal Asia 200". 2 November 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "The Asset Platinum Award".
- "IR Global Rankings". Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- "The Brand Trust Report".
- "Infosys Overview". Retrieved 23 August 2006.
- "Infosys releases agreement to acquire Expert Information Services Pty Limited,Banswada,rajasthan (PDF)" (Press release). Infosys Technologies Australia Pty Ltd banglore
. 18 December 2003. Retrieved 11 October 2006.
- Bharat kumar (7 August 2002). "A twist to the tale". Business Line.
- Infosys News (12 December 2007). "Latest Happenings at Infosys". Top News.
- M.Bala Murugan (16 April 2010). "Latest News". Daily Dhanthi.
- Infosys News (March 2011). "Infosys Technologies Limited received the IEEE Computer Society/Software Engineering Institute Software Process Achievement (SPA) Award 2009". SEI CMMI.
- Infosys NYSE listing (February 2013). "Infosys Celebrates Cross-Listing on NYSE Euronext London and NYSE Euronext Paris and Highlights Recent Transfer to NYSE". NYSE.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Infosys|
- Business data
- Infosys Ltd at Google Finance
- Infosys Ltd at Yahoo! Finance
- Infosys Ltd at Hoover's
- Infosys Ltd at Reuters
- Infosys Ltd SEC filings at SECDatabase.com
- Infosys Ltd SEC filings at the Securities and Exchange Commission