Right On Track
|Key people||Luc Lallemand|
|Revenue||€ 1.309 billion (2009)|
|Operating income||€ -252.16 million (2009)|
|Net income||€ 69.61 million (2009)|
|Total assets||€ 13.834 billion (2009)|
|Parent||SNCB Holding, state of Belgium|
|Divisions||Infrastructure, network, network access|
|Subsidiaries||TUC Rail, Brussels Creosote Centre|
Infrabel is a Belgian government-owned public limited company. It builds, owns, maintains and upgrades the Belgian railway network, makes its capacity available to railway companies, and handles train traffic control. It was created on 1 January 2005 from the split of the once unitary SNCB/NMBS. On 31 December 2009, it had 12,875 employees. CEO is Luc Lallemand.
Since January 1, 2014 Infrabel is an Autonomous Public Company (no longer owned by SNCB-Holding).
From its creation in 2008 until December 31, 2013, 93.6% of stock was owned by SNCB Holding, representing 20% of the voting rights minus 1 vote. The remainder, 80% of the voting rights (+ 1 vote) and 6.4% of stock were controlled directly by the Belgian state, represented by the minister of the Civil Service and is a Public Companies and by the State Secretary for Mobility. EBITDA for fiscal year 2009 amounted to €55.01 million, EBT to €69.61 million. The balance sheet total as of 31 December 2009 was €13.8 billion.
As of 31 December 2009, Infrabel oversees 3,578 kilometres of railway lines, 12,218 switches, 1,913 level crossings (partly the road-side signalling), 223 railway signalling cabins, 1 traffic control, 4 workshops, 7,163 railway structures and 339 unmanned stops.
Of the 11 railway undertakings certified for the Belgian network, 6 customers effectively drove trains in 2009: SNCB, Crossrail Benelux, Veolia Cargo Nederland BV, SNCF Fret, TrainsporT AG and ERS Railways BV. 2010 numbers show that Infrabel delivered 492 freight and 4,132 passenger train paths per day.
Infrabel has two immediate subsidiaries: TUC Rail N.V/S.A. and the Brussels Creosote Centre.
Infrabel is a partner in the EuroCarex high-speed railway freight project.
- List of railway lines in Belgium
- National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS/SNCB)
- Belgian Railways (disambiguation)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Infrabel.|
- On Jan 1st 2014, the SNCB-Holding merged with the SNCB company, (which disappeared) and took over the name SNCB.
- "Right On Track". Infrabel. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- Official website
- www.infrabel.be Official website
- www.railaccess.be Network statement
- NS 2013 Network statement 2013
- Statuten van Infrabel (Dutch)
- Statuts d'Infrabel (French)
- Annual report 2009
- NBB: On-line consultation of annual accounts (search term="Infrabel", retrieved on 10/08/2010)