|Founded||Linköping, Sweden (2001)|
|Founders||Karl Erik Ståhl|
|Key people||Karl Erik Ståhl, CEO|
|Products||Session Border Controllers, Firewalls, Routers, Modems|
|Subsidiaries||Ingate Systems Inc., Hollis, US|
Ingate Systems AB (publ), with secondary name Intertex Data AB, is a Swedish company designing, developing and selling data network security and telecommunication equipment. With world-wide distribution, the company's strongest presence is in SIP Trunking of IP PBX:s on the US market, with its SIParator® line of products, which are enterprise Session Border Controllers (SBC).
Ingate’s and Intertex’ focus is on bringing the telephony service beyond replication of traditional voice telephony to global real-time multimedia communication, using standard compliant SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) end-to-end and WebRTC  and the company has proposed the Internet+ model.
Ingate Systems was founded in 2001 as a joint venture between the Swedish companies Intertex Data AB, which had developed the first SIP proxy-based SIP aware firewall for the SOHO and SMB market., and Cendio Systems AB, which had developed the Fuego enterprise firewall. Ingate developed SIP-capable enterprise firewalls and SIParators®, Ingate’s brand of Session Border Controllers (SBC:s). Intertex became sister company to Ingate, with joint development, and continued its development of its embedded products, Ethernet and DSL access routers for telecom service provider’s volume deployment of SIP services to the home and SMB LAN:s – products that include firewall, SBC and IP PBX functionality.
In the fall of 2012, the group companies Ingate and Intertex merged into current Ingate Systems, to join their efforts for global unified communication beyond traditional telephony using both the SIP standard and the emerging WebRTC standard and to cover the product range from home and SOHO to enterprise and carrier usage.
Ingate also participates in the SIP Trunking Community by TMCnet.
The SBC:s are often used for SIP Trunking, i.e. connecting enterprise IP PBX:s to telecom service provider’s SIP based Voice over IP (VoIP) connections. A wide range of IP PBX:s and service providers are supported by the Ingate startup configuration tool. Unified Communications (UC) solutions such as the Microsoft Lync and Cloud computing solutions such as the Microsoft Office 365 are also supported.
The Ingate products are all based on an SBC architecture where an IETF RFC 3261-compliant SIP proxy controls the NAT and firewall engine to route all types of media between parties on both public and private IP networks. All products include a routing SIP Proxy and a SIP registrar, and when required a SIP Back-to-back user agent (B2BUA), and can in addition to security at the enterprise edge, also do accounting by reporting usage in Call Detail Records. The Ingate products are not limited to VoIP but support full UC or multimedia real-time communication, and can route such communication over the Internet with or without service provider involvement.
Products are being developed to also support and enable the upcoming WebRTC standard, an initiative by Google to bring high quality multimedia real-time communication directly into the web browser.
- "Who is Ingate Systems Anyway?", nojitter, 2010
- "SIP trunking migration: Enterprise opportunities and challenges", FierceEnterprise Communications, 2012
- "Internet+: SIP Trunking Your Unified Communication", Internet Telephony, 2012
- "Ingate Talks WebRTC". WebRTC World.
- "Ingate and eZuce Partnership Furthers Cloud-Based UC, WebRTC".
- "Adding Value with Internet+". Internet Telephony Magazine. June 2012.
- "Ingate Aims to Help Service Providers Monetize their Networks Via Internet+". TMC.
- "Intertex IX66 SIP Aware Firewall". 2001-2002 Brochure. Check date values in:
- "WebRTC Advisory Board".
- "Ingate Systems Embraces WebRTC Capabilities with WebRTC & SIP E-SBC PBX Companion, Q-TURN Technology", TMCnet, 2013
- "Ingate’s SIP-Trunking Seminars", ITEXPO, 2008
- Ingate’s SIP-Trunking Seminars, Presentations
- Ingate’s SIP Trunking-UC Seminars, August 2013 Las Vegas
- SIP Trunking Community, TMCnet
- "Ingate Product Sheets". Ingate.
- "Ingate, Positron interoperability encourages SIP trunking adoption", FierceEnterprise Communications, 2012
- Ingate startup configuration tool
- Microsoft Lync, Ingate
- Microsoft Office 365, Ingate
- "Ingate Products". Ingate.
- "Internet+, The Way Toward Global Unified Communication and Replacing the Telephone Network". Ingate, Intertex.
- "WebRTC Demo, Ingate".
- "WebRTC Atlanta 2013 Conference Presentations".