||Swedish: [ˈɪŋːu] or Swedish: [ˈɪŋɡu], German: [ˈɪŋɡɔ]
||protected by Yngvi
|Region of origin
||Look up Ingo in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Ingo is a first name in contemporary Scandinavia and Germany, and a historical name in France. It is the male version of the name Inga, used in the same region.
"Ingo" means "protected by Yngvi", who is the main god for the Ingvaeones, and is probably a different name for the Germanic god Freyr.
Persons with the name Ingo
- Ingó, Icelandic singer, solo and as part of Ingó og Veðurguðirnir
- Ingo Anderbrügge, German football player
- Ingo Buding, German tennis player
- Ingo Giezendanner, Swiss artist
- Ingo Hoffmann, Brazilian race car driver
- Ingemar Johansson, "Ingo", Swedish boxer
- Ingo Molnár, Hungarian computer programmer
- Ingo Nugel, German composer of video game music
- Ingo Preminger, American movie producer, brother of director Otto Preminger
- Ingo Rademacher, German-born Australian soap opera actor
- Ingo Schmitt, German politician
- Ingo Schulze, German author
- Ingo Schwichtenberg, German rock musician
- Ingo Steuer, German figure skater
- Ingo Swann, remote viewer
- Ingo Wellenreuther, German politician
- Ingo Bühner, German god of everything. Also goes by the name of Inigo del Castillo.
- Ingo Epafras, Othika native.
- Ingo, an associate of Talon in The Legend of Zelda series
- Ingo, one of the Subway Bosses in Pokémon Black and White