Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
|Ingrid Bolsø Berdal|
2 March 1980 |
Utøy, Inderøy, Norway
Life and career
Berdal was born in Utøy, Inderøy. She started studying music and singing in high school and after graduating she continued her music education at the University of Trondheim (NTNU), studying jazz singing and improvisation for two years. She moved to Oslo and was accepted at Oslo National Academy of the Arts (KHiO), where she studied acting for three years.
In her second year of Drama School Ingrid played Sofia in Platonov (Chekhov) and Antigone in Antigone (Sophocles). In her final year, she played The Girl in The Name (Jon Fosse) and Hedda in Hedda Gabler (Henrik Ibsen).
Since graduating, Berdal has been employed at The Norwegian Theatre in Oslo. After her first year at the theatre, Berdal was awarded the Hedda Award (The Norwegian Theatre Award) for Best Debut of The Year. During her years at the theatre, she has played both classical and contemporary plays, such as Sasha in Ivanov (Checkhov), Shura in Black Milk (Sigarev), and Yvonne in Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy (Gombrowicz).
In between her stage work, Berdal has also been working with radio theatre, television and film. She has won the Amanda Award (The Norwegian Film Award) for Best Actress — for Jannicke in the feature film Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey). She was also nominated for Best Actress for Cold Prey 2 two years later.
Berdal has hosted The Norwegian Film Awards (The Amanda Awards) two times, in 2010 and 2012. In January 2011, she opened her monologue "Frøken Else" (physical theatre) at The Norwegian Theatre, receiving great reviews.
Berdal is now[when?] working at The National Theatre in Oslo.
- Hercules: The Thracian Wars (2014)
- Kill Buljo 2 (2013)
- Mormor og de 8 ungene (2013)
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)
- Chernobyl Diaries (2012)
- Flukt (2012)
- Jeg Reiser Alene (2011)
- Resolve (2010) Short
- Terry Pratchett's Going Postal (2010)
- Svik (2009)
- Wide Blue Yonder (2010)
- De Gales Hus (2008)
- Fritt Vilt 2 (2008)
- Tyvstart (2006) (short)
- Fritt Vilt (2006)
- Sønner (2006)
- Gymnaslærer Pedersen (2006)
- Terje Vigen (2006)
- Hellfjord (2012)
- Hjerte til Hjerte 2 (2010)
- Kodenavn Hunter 2 (2008)
- Thomas P (2007)
- Eva og Adam (2007)
- Kodenavn Hunter (2006)
- Baby, at The Norwegian Theatre (2013)
- Frøken Else (monologue), at Det Norske Teatret (2011)
- The Experiment, Jo Strømgren Kompani (2010)
- Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy, (Yvonne) at Det Norske Teatret (2008)
- Hair (Jeanie) at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- Black Milk (Sjura) at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- Ivanov (Sasha) at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- The Caucasian Chalc Circle (Ludovika) at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Bikubesong (Angel) at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Frank (Frid) at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Ned til Sol (Anne) at Det Norske Teatret (2005)
- Trollprisen at Det Norske Teatret (2005)
- Kristin-spelet (Kristin Lavransdatter) at Sel (2004)