Ingrid Brainard (November 10, 1925 – February 18, 2000) was a dance historian, musicologist, and scholar who contributed significantly to the development of the fields of dance history in general, and early dance history in specific. She had a dance troupe, the Cambridge Court Dancers, and taught workshops on early dance. She was a founding member of the Society of Dance History Scholars. Her entries on early dance in the International Encyclopedia of Dance remain one of the best introductions to the subject available.
- Three Court Dances of the Early Renaissance. 1977. Co-authored with Ray Cook.
- The Art of Courtly Dancing in the Early Renaissance. Privately printed, 1989.
Articles, Papers, and Chapters
- "Bassedance, Bassedanza, and Ballo in the Fifteenth Century." Dance History Research: 64.
- "The Role of the Dancing Master in Fifteenth Century Courtly Society." Fifteenth Century Studies 2 (1979): 21.
- "Modes, Manners, Movement: The Interaction of Dance and Dress From the Late Middle Ages to the Renaissance." In Proceedings of the Sixth annual conference of the Society of Dance History Scholars, 17- 36. Milwaukee, WI: Dance History Scholars, 1983.
- "Court Dances of the 15th Century." In Proceedings of the Sixth annual conference of the Society of Dance History Scholars, 177. Milwaukee, WI: Dance History Scholars, 1983.
- "The Art of Courtly Dancing in Transition: Nurnberg, Germ. Nat. Mus. MS. 8842, a Hitherto Unknown German Source." In Crossroads of Medieval Civilization: The City of Regensburg and Its Intellectual Milieu, eds. Edelgard E. Dubruck and Karl Heinz Goller. Michigan : Michigan Consortium for Medieval and Early Modern Studies, 1984.
- "Mesura Et Arte Del Danzare: The Guglielmo Ebreo Conference At Pesaro." Dance Chronicle 11, no. 1 (1988): 116-121.
- "Translating Cornazano." Dance Chronicle 7, no. 1 (1984): 107-114.
- "Brainard, Ingrid G." in the Annotated Bibliography of Renaissance Dance 
- "In Memorian: Ingrid Brainard", Dance Research Journal 32/2 (Winter 2000/1), p. 158.
- The New York Public Library - Ingrid Brainard Papers, 1890-2000
- Annotated Bibliography of Renaissance Dance at www.rendance.org