From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Initiative or initiative in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Initiative is a process by which a referendum can be triggered by a petition of voters
Initiative may also refer to:
- In personal behavior, initiative is the ability and tendency to initiate: to start an action, including coming up with a proposal and giving or helping without first being requested to do so
- Initiative (organization), a readiness to embark on a new business venture. Executives frequently use the term initiative rather than project or programme / program. 
- In military operations, "taking the initiative" means generating a series of threats to which the opponent must respond
- Avengers: The Initiative, a comic book series from Marvel Comics
- Civil War: The Initiative, a comics crossover storyline from Marvel Comics
- Fifty State Initiative, a fictional government program in the Marvel Comics Universe
- Initiative (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), a fictional secret military bipartisian government organization in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Dharma Initiative, a fictional organization from the television show Lost
- "The Initiative", the seventh episode of season 4 of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- In poker, initiative is the ability to make continuation bet after having raised preflop
- Initiative (chess), the ability in chess to make attacks that must be responded to
- initiative games, activities used for team building to challenge a group with a structured task
- initiative (role-playing games), a number which determines the order in which characters take actions, especially during combat
- The Initiative (Tunisia) - a political party.
- The Hawkeye Initiative, a tumblr page that features comic book character Hawkeye in various poses held by female comic book characters.
- The Initiative Collective (aka "The Initiative"), a worldwide group of grassroots neighborhood watch organizations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
- "Origin of the term Initiative". projectauditors.com. Retrieved 30 March 2014.