|Categories||Tattoo magazine, lifestyle magazine|
|Frequency||10 per year|
Inked is a tattoo lifestyle magazine that bills itself as the outsiders' insider magazine. Covering music, fashion, art, sports and the rest of the lifestyle of the tattooed, Inked has made the transition from the tattoo section of the newsstand to sit among GQ and Vanity Fair. Tattooed women like Kat Von D, Avril Lavigne, Diablo Cody, Eve and Malin Akerman have appeared on Inked's cover. Among the celebrities who have sat down with Inked are Ozzy Osbourne, Tracy Morgan, Slash, Kid Cudi and Billie Joe Armstrong. Inked also covers tattoo artists; they immortalize the best in their Icon feature through which the likes of Don Ed Hardy, Horiyoshi III and Ami James have been honored.
Inked debuted in late 2004 and was published quarterly for one year. In 2006, the magazine was purchased by Downtown Media Group but never published an issue. Donald Hellinger, president of Nylon Holding, Inc. publisher of Nylon magazine, acquired Inked in August 2007. He hired creative director Todd Weinberger to redesign the magazine, then brought on editor Jason Buhrmester. Upon Burhmester's departure in the spring of 2010 Rocky Rakovic was tapped as Editor. Rakovic brought in celebrity contributors like Adam Levine, Jessica White and Adam Goldberg. Photographers such as Terry Richardson, Ellen Stagg and Warwick Saint have shot for Inked.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: Q & A With Ozzy Osbourne
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: Tracy Morgan
- Slash on the cover of Inked Magazine | Slash's World
- Inked Magazine :: Fashion :: Kid's Clothes
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: The Sound Of A Revolution
- Don Ed Hardy : Inked Magazine
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Horiyoshi Iii
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Ami James
- Inked Magazine - PR.com
- "Rocky Rakovic – Editor, Inked Magazine". Navigator.cision.com. 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- Inked Magazine :: Fashion :: White Heat
- You Don't Know Me From Adam. : Inked Magazine
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: 3 Of A Kind
- Inked Magazine :: Blog :: Nina Sky
- Inked Photographer Warwick Saint's Show Body Of Work: Inked Magazine