||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2011)|
October 1, 1976 |
|Measurements||(US) 33-24-35; (EU) 85-62-89 cm|
Zobova was born with a hole in the heart, and at age six underwent surgery to correct it. She attended the University of Moscow and studied psychology and anthropology while modeling on the side for extra money.
In 1994, she was crowned Miss Russia and went on to compete in the Miss Universe pageant where she came in second in the National Costume competition and placed 12th overall.
Modelling and fashion
Inna Zobova walked many shows for ready-to-wear and haute couture, combined during the New York, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks. She walked for Armani, Thierry Mugler, Valentino, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto, Balenciaga, Hanae Mori, Marc Jacobs, Nina Ricci, Hermès, Sonia Rykiel, Kenzo, Givenchy, Dries van Noten, Vivienne Westwood, Christian Lacroix.
She has appeared in advertisements for Hermès, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales, Penny Black, Roberto Cavalli, Dana Buchman, Armani, Christian Dior, Comma, Laurel, M&F Girbaud, La City, L'Oréal, Guerlain, Marella, Malizia, Lancaster, Burberry, Lancôme, Zappa, Nivea, Galeries Lafayette, and Piper Heidsieck, and has worked with photographers like Michael Thompson, Raymond Depardon, Eric Traoré, Ellen von Unwerth, Mario Testino, Satoshi Saikusa, Paolo Roversi, Steve Hiett, Vincent Peters, François Nars, Raymond Meier, Luis Sanchez, Marc Hispard, Thomas Shenk, and Michael Sanders.
Her covers include, Allure, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Amica, Femme, Glamour, l'Officiel and international editions of Vogue, as well as style and lifestyle publications like i-D, GQ, and Dutch.
In 2001, she ranked #51 in GQ's 200 Sexiest Women in the World and in 2002, she ranked #105 in The Glamour Girls Hot 500 and in the top 20 for GQ for 2005.
In August 2002, Inna was selected among over 600 models to become the then-new spokesmodel for Wonderbra and the face of the international brand Sephora in 2004, the year she also received the "Top Model of the Year" award at the Marie Claire Fashion Awards.
In 2011, Inna Zobova participates as a fashion expert and judge, to the TV show called "Russia's Next Top Model", which is a local version of the famous U.S. reality show America's Next Top Model.
Notable TV guest appearances
- On a tout essayé (France2, 2005)
- Tout le monde en parle (France2, 2005)
- Eurotrash (Channel 4, 2005)
- Tout le monde en parle (France2, 2004)
- 20 heures pétantes (Canal+, 2004)
- Le grand Cabaret (France2, 2003)
- Porta a Porta (RAI, 2002)
- (French) Constance Vergara, « Moi, Inna… », article (portrait) in Paris Match, 4 pages, August 22, 2002
- Constance Vergara, « Portraits past and present of Inna Zobova, the Russian beauty… », article (portrait) in Hello, 6 pages, December 3, 2002
- (French) Juliette Demey, « Inna Zobova, la Wonderwoman venue du froid », article (interview) in Paris Match, 2 pages, August 31, 2003
- Marta Del Riego, « Inna Zobova Wonder Girl », article (portrait) in Marie Claire, 5 pages, February 2004
- Anna Malpas, « Russia's next Top Model », article in The St. Petersburg Times, 1 pages, April 2011
- Thierry Mugler, « Fashion Fetish Fantasy», Ed. Thames and Hudson, Pictures 79, 81
- (French) Topolino, « Make up games», Ed. Assouline, Pictures 15, 27, 69
- Capella, « Magic Time » Au profit de l'association War child, Ed. Kalven, Pictures of Inna Zobova during the haute couture backstages.
- Straulino, « Straulino », Ed. daab, Pictures 57, 59
- Photo, « Spécial plus belles filles du monde », n°395, Pictures 54, 55