|Town of Innisfail|
|Municipal district||Red Deer County|
|• Mayor||Jim Romane|
|• Governing body|
|• CAO||Helen Dietz|
|• MP||Earl Dreeshen|
|• Total||19.53 km2 (7.54 sq mi)|
|Elevation||945 m (3,100 ft)|
|• Density||403.2/km2 (1,044/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T4G|
Red Deer River
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Innisfail had a population of 7,876 living in 3,118 of its 3,323 total dwellings, a 7.4% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 7,331. With a land area of 19.53 km2 (7.54 sq mi), it had a population density of 403.3/km2 (1,044.5/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Innisfail had a population of 7,316 living in 2,962 dwellings, a 5.4% increase from 2001. The town has a land area of 13.02 km2 (5.03 sq mi) and a population density of 562.0 /km2 (1,456 /sq mi).
Arts and culture
Innisfail is home of the Daines Rodeo.
Innisfail is served by the Innisfail Aerodrome, which is located northwest of the town.
- Garry Bauman, former professional hockey player
- Dallas Gaume, former professional hockey player
- Rebecca Jenkins, actress/singer
- Matthew Yeats, former professional hockey player
- Alberta Municipal Affairs: Municipal Officials Search
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Town of Innisfail. "Welcome to Innisfail, Alberta, CANADA!". Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- Drew A. Penner (2012-09-04). "Welcome to Innisfail: Population 7,922". Innisfail Province (Great West Newspapers LP). Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Innisfail - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-09.