Innovation Norway is a state-owned company started in 2004 that replaced four governmental organizations. These organizations were:
- The Norwegian Tourist Board
- The Norwegian Trade Council
- The Norwegian Industrial and Regional Development Fund (SND)
- The Government Consultative Office for Inventors (SVO)
The goal of Innovation Norway is to promote nationwide industrial development with focus on both business economy and Norways national economy. It also has the goal of releasing the potential of the different districts and regions in Norway by contributing to innovation, internationalisation and promotion. Innovation Norway has offices in all the Norwegian counties, with the head office in Oslo. It also has offices in 30 countries around the world. Innovation Norway runs Visitnorway.com which won three Webby Awards in 2009.
The venture capital fund Investinor is a wholly owned subsidiary of Innovation Norway.
- Press release Webby Awards
- "Innovation Norway employees". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Tudem, Ulf (2012-02-13). "Marine Design: Air Supported Vessels Impress". MarineLink. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Targovax Secures NOK 13 Million Series A Funding for TGO1 Pancreatic Cancer Vaccine Development". Targovax. 2012-02-01. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Chai, Cameron (2012-02-13). "Thin Film, PARC Receive FlexTech Alliance Award for Printed Non-Volatile Memory Device". AZoNetwork. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- "UK teams up with Norway for £2m biofuels projects". BusinessGreen. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-02-18.