|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (March 2013)|
|Industry||Electronics Protection, Vending, Gaming, Self-Service, Manufacturing, Office Equipment|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America|
(Chief Executive Officer), Ben Grimes
(Chief Technology Officer), Dr. Deepak Divan
(Founder and Chief Scientist)
Atlanta-based, Innovolt, offers electronics power protection and management that extends the lifespan of equipment by safekeeping it from common power disturbances that damage electronics. The technology, incubated in the Georgia Institute of Technology Research Institute’s Advanced Technology Development Center, solves a host of power problems that most businesses and consumers are not aware of but are paying for through shortened electronics lifespan, decreased product reliability and increased service calls, related to power disturbances. This patented technology guards against damage from 99.5% of power interruptions, including infinite voltage and current variations.
Compared to surge protection and filtering technologies, this technology offers an effective and affordable solution for the mass-market majority of the world’s electronics suppliers and consumers. The company offers its technology to the Consumer Electronics, Office Equipment, Self-Service, Vending, Gaming, Manufacturing, Appliances, Medical Technology, Telecommunications, Cable & Satellite and HVAC and Control Systems markets.
Innovolt’s core technology was developed by the company founder, Dr. Deepak Divan, a faculty member at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. While working in the Advanced Technology Development Center lab, Dr. Divan developed a microprocessor-driven system to proactively recognize potential power disturbances that damage electronics.
From 2011 to 2012, Innovolt’s revenue increased by 588 percent. Customers include, Ricoh US, Ricoh Canada, Graybar, Muratec, First Distribution, Toshiba, Konica Minolta, Katun Corporation, Genuine Source Supply and ECi OMD. In 2012 and 2013 the company was named as a Top 40 innovative company in Georgia by the Technology Association of Georgia. It was also recognized by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of the 50 fastest growing private companies during 17th annual Pacesetter Awards and by Lead411 as a Technology 200 company.
- "Innovolt, Inc. Company Profile". Investing.Businessweek.com. 2011. "Research > Stocks > Private" section.
- Nancy Fullbright (January 4, 2008). "Innovolt: The Next Generation of Power Protection". Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI²).
- "Shocking Costs: Power Disturbances Take Toll on Electronics, Profitability". insights.wired.com (WIRED InnovationInsights). January 14, 2013.
- Pietruch, Raegen (January 1, 2013). "Print's Power Problems and Power Players". The Imaging Channel.
- Karkaria, Urvaksh (February 10, 2012). "Innovolt rides surge in electronics demand". bizjournals.com (Atlanta business Chronicle).
- Morrison, David (June 1, 2008). "Devices Stop Most Power-Line Disturbances". powerelectronics.com (Power Electronics Technology).
- Deepak, Divan; Ashish Bendre, PhD; William Kranz; William Brumsickle, PhD. "Equipment Failures Caused by Power Quality Disturbances" (PDF). p. 8.
- Rajani, Baburajan (September 29, 2011). "Innovolt Announces Availability of Intelligent Electronics Protection Technology". Satellite Spotlight by TMCNet.
- Wirbel, Loring (September 30, 2011). "An FPGA Role for Power Management?". EDN Magazine.
- "Faculty Profile – Deepak M Divan". ece.gatech.edu (Georgia Institute of Technology). June 6, 2008.
- Grusich, Kate (January 12, 2012). "Innovolt Experiences Surge of Success". atdc.org (ATDC Georgia Tech).
- Bolton, Phil (August 9, 2012). "Local Power Protection Firm Surges Overseas". globalatlanta.com (Global Atlanta).
- "Innovolt Launches Presence in South Africa; Move Signifies Company's Global Expansion". reuters.com (Reuters). March 6, 2012.
- Couret, Jacques (April 28, 2012). "Slideshow: 2012 Pacesetter Awards". bizjournals.com (Atlanta Business Chronicle).
- "Graybar Implements Innovolt's® Technology Platform". finance.yahoo.com (Yahoo! Finance). March 27, 2013.
- "Muratec Leverages Innovolt To Improve Longevity of Equipment and Decrease Service Calls". enxmag.com (ENX Magazine). April 17, 2013.
- Hardesty, Linda (March 5, 2013). "Innovolt Protects Equipment from Power Outages in South Africa". energymanagertorday.com (Energy Manager Today).
- Tehrani, Rich (May 9, 2012). "Innovolt Power Management Solutions". TMCnet.com. tmcnet.com.
- "TAG names the top 40 innovative tech firms in Georgia". techjournal.org (TechJournal South). March 13, 2012.
- Couret, Jacques (March 12, 2013). "TAG names Top 40 Innovative Technology Companies". bizjournal.com (Atlanta Business Chronicle).
- "2012 Pacesetter: Local firms set the pace for growth". bizjournals.com (Atlanta Business Chronicle). April 27, 2012.
- "2012 Technology 200: Inbound marketing and SEO companies top the list". venturebeat.com (Venture Beat). November 27, 2012.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|