Insane (2013 video game)
Logo of Insane
|Director(s)||Guillermo del Toro|
Insane (stylized as inSANE) was a survival horror video game, formerly in development by Volition to be published by THQ, in collaboration with film director Guillermo del Toro. It was being developed for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and was to be released in 2013. It was intended as the first installment of a planned trilogy of Insane video games.
Insane was first announced at the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards on 11 December 2010 by del Toro and Volition, in the form of a thirty-second teaser trailer. Del Toro said of the game, "With this new series of video games, I want to take players to a place they have never seen before, where every single action makes them question their own senses of morality and reality. THQ and Volition, Inc. are equally excited to make this vision of a completely new game universe into a reality."
- Goldstein, Hilary (11 December 2010). "Guillermo del Toro goes Insane". IGN. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "THQ and Oscar-Winning Writer and Director Guillermo del Toro to create inSANE Trilogy of Original Video Games" (Press Release). THQ. 13 December 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Makuch, Eddie (13 December 2010). "Del Toro's Insane to be a trilogy". GameSpot. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Ransom-Wiley, James (13 December 2010). "inSane trilogy game rights held by THQ, del Toro keeps movie rights". Joystiq. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Maurice (17 March 2011). "Guy Davis working on inSANE game". Fanboy Confidential. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Guy Davis Artworks - February 2011". Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- Klepek, Patrick (6 August 2012). "THQ Cancels InSane, Rights Transfer to Del Toro". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 6 August 2012.