|Industry||Software as a service|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Key people||CEO Umberto Milletti|
InsideView is a software as a service (SaaS) company that gleans insights and relationships from business information, contact data, online news, and social media and customer CRM data. Founded in 2005, InsideView is mainly used by marketing, sales, and account management teams in identifying and gathering information on customers.
InsideView was founded in 2005 by Umberto Milletti, a former executive and co-founder at DigitalThink, an early Web-based corporate training company. In November 2007, the company acquired competitor TrueAdvantage. After the acquisition, InsideView moved all 2,500 TrueAdvantage customers over to its solution.
InsideView's core product is called InsideView for Sales. The company introduced InsideView for Account Management in 2012 and InsideView for Marketing in 2013. InsideView solutions are available as stand-alone web applications as well as integrated with CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM, NetSuite, Oracle CRM, Salesforce.com, SAP CRM, SugarCRM.
On October 21st 2013, InsideView announced that it has entered into a strategic OEM agreement with Microsoft whereby InsideView for Sales™ will be integrated into Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. Through the agreement, InsideView for Sales will be available to all users of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and will be known as Social Insights, powered by InsideView.
- Wortham, Jenna (January 15, 2009), "InsideView, Web Crawler for Business, Raises $6.5 Million", The New York Times, retrieved 2011-01-21
- "InsideView acquires TrueAdvantage, to boost online market intelligence", VentureBeat, retrieved 2011-01-21
- Mitra, Sramana (February 29, 2008), "The Coming Death Of Indian Outsourcing", Forbes, retrieved 2011-01-21
- "InsideView Provides New Insights Into Sales Leads", CRMBuyer, retrieved 2013-06-04
- InsideView Disrupts Legacy Business Info Publishers Like Hoover's. November 19, 2009
- InsideView Secures $7.4 Million in Series A Funding. American Venture Magazine. June 5, 2007. Archived October 14, 2007.
- "What Recession? Sales Startup InsideView Banks $6.5M in New Funding", EWeek, retrieved 2011-01-21
- InsideView acquires TrueAdvantage, to boost online market intelligence. VentureBeat. November 26, 2007.