Inside Story (TV programme)
|Presented by||Various (Al Jazeera English)
Ray Suarez (American Version)
|Country of origin||Qatar (Al Jazeera English)
United States (American Version)
|Location(s)||Doha (Al Jazeera English)
Washington, D.C. (American Version)
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||Al Jazeera English
Al Jazeera America (American Version)
|Original run||November 2006– present|
It broadcasts from Al Jazeera's studios in Doha, with an anchor who is joined by guests from around the globe. The programme provides analysis and commentary on recent news stories and is modeled after Mā Warā’ al-Khabar (Arabic: ما وراء الخبر; Behind the News) on the sister channel, Al Jazeera (Arabic).
The programme began airing in November 2006 alongside the launch of Al Jazeera English.
In December 2011, the network launched three spinoffs. Two related to the United States:
- Inside Story Americas, which focuses solely on stories related to the Americas and was the forerunner to the American version of the show on Al Jazeera America.
- Inside Story: US 2012, which covered the U.S. 2012 presidential election.
Inside Story Americas - and, formerly, Inside Story: US 2012 - has a rotation of Washington D.C anchors.
The third programme:
- Inside Syria, was launched to cover the Civil War in Syria.
It uses the same set as another former programme: Inside Iraq, hosted by Jasim Al-Azzawi.
- Reeve-Cook, Anthony (2006-11-13). "Frost settles on Al Jazeera English flagship". C21 Media. Archived from the original on 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Abou-Alsamh, Rasheed (2006-11-17). "Al Jazeera in English a Welcome Voice for the Third World". Arab News. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- O'Shea, Chris (2011-12-16). "Al Jazeera English Launches ‘Inside Story Americas’". FishbowlNY. Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- "Who can fix the US economy?". Al Jazeera English. 2011-12-15. Archived from the original on 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2011-12-16.