Institut Teknologi Brunei
|Institut Teknologi Brunei|
|Motto||Where Life and Learning Meet|
|Chancellor||His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam|
|Vice-Chancellor||Associate Professor Dr Hjh Zohrah binti Hj Sulaiman (Acting)|
|Location||Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Muara, Brunei|
Institut Teknologi Brunei (Brunei Institute of Technology), commonly referred to by its acronym "ITB", is one of the higher learning institutions in Brunei. Currently, the institute offers twenty Bachelor's degree programmes including two articulation degree programmes with the University of New South Wales, Australia, two Foundation Degree programmes and six Higher National Diploma programmes. As of October, 2008, ITB has been upgraded to university status and retained its name.
- 1 Background
- 2 Programmes
- 3 External links
In November 1980, the Director of Education submitted a proposal to the government calling for the establishment of Institut Teknologi Brunei. He suggested that such an institution be created to expand the provision of technical education in Brunei Darussalam. A little less than two years later, in February 1982, the proposal was accepted by the government.
As the physical establishment of the Institute was expected to take some time to complete, Pusat Latihan Teknikal Brunei was developed and expanded as an embryo for the Institute. Towards the later stages of its establishment in October 1985, the Institute was assisted by Leeds Polytechnic in the development of its curriculum, secondment of staff, procurement of books and equipment, and recruitment of contract staff in the United Kingdom. Less than five months later, the Institute took in its first intake of students.
- To educate and train individuals to produce professional and technologists in the fields of engineering, information technology and business, who are globally competitive and who uphold the social norms and values of our national philosophy.
- To carry out research and consultancy for government agencies and industries on contemporary issues and offer practical advice and solutions to enhance social, economic and industrial growth and development of the country.
- To offer short courses in the area of knowledge and skills, within the scope of ITB activities, so as to create a workforce with relevant knowledge and skills required for a progressive nation.
ITB will become the leading institute of higher learning in Brunei Darussalam recognized and renowned for its strength in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology and Business and also be a principal centre for Research and Training in the related fields, whose role is pivotal in contributing dynamically toward the social, economic and industrial growth and development of our nation.
Business & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Finance & e-Business
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Marketing & Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Accounting & Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Applied Economics & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Technology Management
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in E-Marketing
Computing & Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Internet Computing
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Network & Security
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Creative Multimedia
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Digital Media
- HND in Civil Engineering
- HND in Construction Management and Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil & Geotechnical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil & Structural Engineering
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- HND in Communication and Computer Systems Engineering
- HND in Electrical Power and Control Engineering
- HND in Network Engineering
- Bachelor Of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechatronics Engineering
- HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Foundation Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
Petroleum and Chemical Engineering
- Foundation Degree in Process Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering (2+2 Articulation with UNSW)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering (2+2 Articulation with UNSW or 4 years LOCAL)
Centre for Communication, Teaching and Learning
- Language Unit (CCTL)
- Mandarin, Japanese and Arabic language classes provided.
- Ugama Unit
- Asia's Best Business School Leadership Award at a prestigious regional award in Singapore (2010)