Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2011)|
|Type||Professional Association and Regulatory Body|
|Professional title||Chartered Accountant|
|Headquarters||100 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue|
|Vice President (T&R)||Dewan Nurul Islam|
|Vice President (E&T)||Kamrul Abedin|
|Vice President (F&A)||Nasim Anwar|
|Affiliations||IFAC, IASB, CAPA, SAFA, AOTCA|
|Slogan||Truth Justice Advancement|
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) is the national professional accountancy body in Bangladesh. It is the sole organisation in Bangladesh with the right to award the Chartered Accountant designation. It has around 1,400 members.
Establishment and administrative ministry
It was established under the Bangladesh Chartered Accountants Order 1973 (Presidential Order No. 2 of 1973). The Ministry of Commerce, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh is the administrative Ministry of the ICAB.
The mission of the ICAB is to provide leadership in the development, enhancement and coordination of the accountancy profession in Bangladesh in order to enable the profession to provide services of consistently high quality in the public interest.
ICAB has Regional Offices in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh and Chittagong. There also Chapter Management Committee Offices both in London, UK and Ontario, Canada.
Information concerning memberships and contract signing
This organization is a member of the following institutions:
- the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- the Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
- the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA)
- the Asia Oceania Tax Consultants' Association (AOTCA)
Moreover, this organization has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) on October 26th, 2010.
- "President and Vice-presidents". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Members and firms statistics". ICAB. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Order under which ICAB established and ICAB's Administrative Ministry)". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAB's Mission Statement". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAB - A BRIEF OUTLINE (Regional Offices)". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Whom We Work With". ICAB. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "IFAC Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "IASB-IFRS Foundation". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "CAPA Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "SAFA Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Members – Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants' Association -". AOTCA. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAEW signs MoU with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh". ICAEW. 7 December 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
|This accounting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|