Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe
|Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe|
|Purpose/focus||Encourage professionalism in accountancy in Zimbabwe|
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe (ICAZ) is a professional accountancy body in Zimbabwe. It is the sole organization in Zimbabwe with the right to award the Chartered Accountant designation.
ICAZ is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). ICAZ was a charter member of the Pan African Federation of Accountants, which was inaugurated on 5 May 2011. ICAZ is also a full member of the Eastern Central and Southern African Federation of Accountants.
In January 2010, 134 candidates to become chartered accountants passed part one of the Qualifying Examinations. With 216 students sitting the examination, the pass rate was 62%. On 28 June 2011 ICAZ hosted a one-day tax conference in Harare with focus on taxpayers' rights to tax privacy, customs valuation of goods and international commercial terms.
- "ZNCC congress commences". NewsDay. Jun 27, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe". ICAN. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "NBAA BECOMES A MEMBER OF THE PAN AFRICAN FEDERATION OF ACCOUNTANTS (PAFA)". NBAA. Retrieved 2011-06-11.
- "ICAZ hosts tax conference". NewsDay. Jun 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-11.
- "Accountants Institute Happy With Results". The Herald. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-11.
- Pauline Mhuka (23 June 2011). "Icaz to Host Tax Conference". The Herald. Retrieved 2011-06-30.