Institute of Classical Studies
|Institute of Classical Studies|
|Owner||School of Advanced Study, University of London|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Address||Senate House, Malet Street|
The Institute of Classical Studies is a research institution associated with the University of London. A member of the School of Advanced Study. The Institute is a national and international research Institute in the languages, literature, history, art, archaeology and philosophy of the ancient Greek and Roman worlds. The Institute was founded in 1953 by the Senate of the University of London as a partnership between the University and the Hellenic and Roman Societies.
List of Directors
- Professor Eric Handley (1967 to 1984)
- Professor John Barron (1984 to 1991)
- Professor John North (2012 to present)
- Our Journal BICS | Institute of Classical Studies
- See LISTE DES PÉRIODIQUES DÉPOUILLÉS (Accessed October 9, 2013) or L’Année philologique | Ancient Greek and Roman Studies | EBSCO (Accessed October 9, 2013)
- "Tribute to Eric Handley". Events. University College London. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Professor John Barron: classical scholar". The Times. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Professor John North appointed Acting Director of the Institute of Classical Studies". School of Advanced Study, University of London. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Institute of Classical Studies Homepage
- Institute of Classical Studies Postgraduate Work-in-Progress Seminar official website
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|