Institute of Customer Service
|Type||not for profit|
|Key people||Jo Causon (chief executive)|
|Website||Institute of Customer Service|
The Institute of Customer Service is the professional body for customer service which seeks to lead customer service performance and professionalism. It offers membership to individual customer service professionals and organisations. Nearly 7,000 individuals and over 300 organisations are members.
The Institute runs National Customer Service Week in the first full week of October each year.
- publishes breakthrough research on key customer service topics
- has defined Customer Service National Occupational Standards (NOS) at Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 within the national framework
- is a membership organisation for organisations and individuals
- offers Professional Awards to member organisations
- offers customer service benchmarking and accreditation services to organisations
- operates JobsBoard, an online customer service recruitment service
- conducts the UK Customer Satisfaction Index twice each year