Institute of Industrial Electronics Engineering
Institute of Industrial Electronics Engineering is the first institution in Pakistan and second in South Asia to offer a bachelor's degree in industrial electronics engineering, which is essentially electronics engineering with specialization in control and automation.
It was founded in 1989 thanks to a joint venture, led by the Swiss and Pakistani governments, brought on due to the realization of the Pakistani government that it was lagging behind the rest of the world in the industrial sector, which had been experiencing growth at an astounding rate following the industrial revolution. Pakistan, mainly due to its unharnessed natural resources, has, for the better part of the last 63 years since its independence, been known as an agricultural civilization, but now IIEE is aiming to bring it on the globe as an industrialist nation as well.
Currently, IIEE comes under the jurisdiction of Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PSCIR) - Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST). However, the Institute is itself affiliated with NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi.
The Institute has been providing the industrial sector with hard-line Electrical–Electronics Engineers adept in the arts of Instrumentation and Control Systems, PLC, microprocessor/microcontroller/DSP-based embedded systems.
- 1984 Concept clearance.
- 1985 Vice President of Switzerland visited Pakistan.
- 1986 An agreement regarding establishment of IIEE was signed between Ministry of Science and Technology through PCSIR and SWISS contact.
- 1989 Construction of building followed by installation of machinery and equipment completed.
- 1989 Approval by ECNEC.
- 1989 First batch of 40 students admitted.
- 1993 NED University granted affiliation.
- 1993 1st batch passed out.
- 1999 1st convocation held.
- 1999 IEEE Student Branch at IIEE was established.
- 2001 Second convocation held.
- Pakistan Council for Scientific and Industrial Research - Official site
- Institute of Industrial Electronics Engineering - Official site
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Official site
- IIEE Location (Map)
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|