Institute of Management Sciences (Lahore)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
|Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore|
Seal of IMS, Lahore
|Chancellor||Governor of Punjab, Pakistan|
|Location||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission|
The Institute of Management Sciences (IMS Lahore), formerly known as Pak-American Institute of Management Sciences (Pak-AIMS), is a project of AKEF established in Lahore, Pakistan, in 1987 which offers undergraduate and graduate programs in management and computer sciences.
Pak-AIMS was issued NOC by the University Grants Commission (now known as the Higher Education Commission) for the award of charter in 1995. Consequently, the institute was chartered as Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) by the government of Punjab under the Punjab Ordinance XXIII of 2002 and given degree-awarded status.
IMS has 1,400 students at two campuses and 110 faculty members, who teach 170 courses in tri-mesters.
Introduction and history
The institute was established in Lahore in 1986 as the Canadian School of Management - Lahore Learning Center. Later the name was changed to The Pak-American Institute of Management Sciences (Pak-AIMS) to reflect the Institute's Articulation Agreement with College of Statern Island of City University of New York(CSI/CUNY), USA.
Pak-AIMS was issued NOCby the University Grants Commission of Pakistan for the award of charter in 1995. Consequently, the institute was chartered by the Government of Punjab under Punjab Ordinance XXIII of 2002 and was renamed as the Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) . IMS is a business school with fourteen hundred students at its two campuses located in Gulberg, Lahore.
- Main campus, Gulberg III, Lahore
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Law
- Department of Physics
- Department of English literature
- Department of Mathematics
Bachelor's degrees offered
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Information Technology
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering
Master's degrees offered
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters in Computer Sciences
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive)
- Masters in History
- Pak-AIMS website
- Admission 2014
- Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
- Location on map
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan recognized universities list in Pakistan
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|