Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Institute of Management Technology|
Academic block, IMT Ghaziabad
|Motto||Growing Intellectually : Lead the Future|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Dean||Dr.Narendra L. Ahuja|
|Academic staff||~ 50 (core) & ~ 35 (visiting)|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
IMT currently has 70+ core faculty. Apart from permanent faculty, IMT has visiting faculty from industry and other academic institutions. Around 35 visiting faculty are associated with IMT.
IMT offers following programmes:
- Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDM-FT (In 2nd yr one can choose among Marketing,HR,IT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Dual Country Program (DCP)- Student spend first year on Dubai Campus and second year at Ghaziabad.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Executive
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Part-Time
- Two-year full-time MBA programme
- Doctoral programme (PhD) in Management
- Management Development Programme for Executives
- General Management Programme for Executives (GMPE)
PGDM is the oldest programme. IMT also caters to the needs of business executives through its three-year part-time postgraduate programme (PGDM P/T). Corporate participants can enroll in the Management Development Programme (MDP) to enhance their business skills and learn managerial decision making. IMT's Fellow Program in Management (FPM) programme provides doctoral-level education in business management and related disciplines.
To cater to the needs of international business managers, IMT has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management – International Business (PGDM-IB) programme.
Distance learning (DLP) and E-learning programmes of IMT are designed for students who are unable to take up a full- or part-time MBA courses.
IMT also undertakes national and international projects that cater to governments, corporations and other organizations.
While the Ghaziabad Campus offers all the courses, the Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad campuses offer a selection of the above courses.
IMT has four campuses: The first one is in Ghaziabad (established in 1980); the second campus is in Nagpur (established in 2004); a third campus in Dubai (established in 2006) and a fourth campus in Hyderabad (established in 2011).
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMT Nagpur
- IMT Dubai
- IMT Hyderabad
The Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) fully residential campus and is the primary campus of IMT. It was established in 1980. It presently offers PGDBM courses. All the students are housed in 10 hostels.
This campus has many "Centres of Excellence" like the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management.
The Ghaziabad campus infrastructure consists of academic blocks; student hostels; combined mess, canteen and Nescafe stall; amphitheatrel; MDP block and guest house; car and bike parking; field and library. A football field, a badminton, a floodlit volleyball court, a floodlit basketball court, jogging tracks and a multipurpose gymnasium are some of the key recreational features of the campus. New academic blocks are currently coming up and are likely to be used from coming academic year.
Other than the main campus at Raj Nagar, IMT Ghaziabad also has a campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses Centre for Distance Learning, Boys hostel buildings, Mess, Lawn Tennis Court, Basketball Court and an open ground. Hostel buildings on this campus houses most of the first year PGDM course students.
This being the primary campus, it offers all the programmes of IMT.
The first batch of students graduated in 2006.
The newly established center is situated in the Academic City, Dubai.
Presently three courses are being offered from this campus:
It was granted accreditation by the Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE in September 2007. It is the only Business School of Indian origin to be so accredited.
The part-time MBA course is conducted in the evenings for 18 months.
Admission is based on GMAT/CAT scores or a test conducted by IMT and a group discussion, interview and academic records, he said.
The first batch commenced from September 2006.
The newly established center is situated in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. The institute offers hostel and transport facilities. The campus was established in 2011.
The constant interaction with the corporate sector is done through:
- Shrinkhla, a series of seminars on various important issues facing the industry
- Synergies, a series of round table conferences of industry heads
- Compass, an annual consultancy symposium
- Conquest, a series of live short-term projects in the area of HR
Other competitions are also organized. A few of them are:
- Chakravyuh, B-school sports festival at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Tatva, Inter B-School Summer Internship Presentation Contest, at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Passion is the annual B-school fest of IMT, Ghaziabad
- Start Up Fair is the annual entrepreneurship event of IMT,Ghaziabad
- Marketing World Cup is the Annual Inter B-school Marketing Competition at IMT Ghaziabad
- Milestone 35 is the annual B-school fest of IMT, Nagpur
Notable alumni of IMT Ghaziabad
A few of the notable alumni are:
- Sachin Pilot, Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Suprakash Chaudhuri, MD, SAP India
- Deepak Mangla, CEO,JP Morgan, India Global Service Center.
- Ishita Swarup, CEO,99 Labels
- Rajesh Sehgal, CEO Caretel Infotech
- Rajeev Karwal, CEO Milagrow
- Sandeep Dhar, CEO Tesco HSC India
- Parminder Kohli, CEO Shell and Vivo Lubricants,Morocco
- Sudhin Mathur, MD,Lenovo Mobiles
- Rakesh Singh, Head,Investment Banking -HDFC Bank
- Viral Chaya, Operational Excellence & Change Delivery Leader,Bank of America
- Jacob-T Jacob, Senior Director at Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte
- Saugato Bhowmik, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products at Viacom 18 Media Private Limited
- Anil Sarin, Director of Public Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners,US.
- Geetha Ramakrishnan, Executive Director - Regulatory Reform Portfolio at UBS Investment Bank,United Kingdom
- Vinit Malhotra, Executive Director - Goldman Sachs,London,United Kingdom
- Sanjib Sahoo, Chief Technology Officer,Trademonster,USA
- Prateek Dayal,Head of Strategy, Transaction Services - Royal Bank of Scotland,United Kingdom
- Sandeep Chandola, India leader: Competitive Intelligence,Innovation & Growth - Deloitte & Touche
- N M Rao, Head - HR at Suzlon India
- Sonal Matai, Senior Director at Philips Consumer Lifestyle,Netherlands.
- Eugene Mundol, Director, International Currency Cards, American Express,United Kingdom
- Puneet Verma, Head of Distribution - Consumer Banking, Barclays Bank, U.A.E
- Sameer Dubey, Director, Global Cash Management at Barclays Corporate Banking,United Kingdom
- Saurabh Mitra, Head - Structured Trade at Citibank,Malaysia
- Dev Amritesh, President & Chief Operating Officer at Dunkin' Donuts India - Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd
- Sunil Kataria,Chief Operating Officer at Godrej Consumer Products Ltd
- Sanjay Karnatak,CIO at Tata AIG General Insurance
- Mini Mathur,Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Vineet Durani, Director - Windows Phone Business Group at Microsoft India
- Sanjeev Bhatt, CEO at Radico
- "Business India Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure". Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Admissions Criterion
- Application Process
- "Certificate in Network Management". 9 November 2008.
Media related to Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad at Wikimedia Commons