Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
|Purpose||Advertising media and marketing communications agencies in the United Kingdom|
|Region served||United Kingdom|
|Membership||c. 300 agencies|
The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) is the trade body and professional institute for agencies in the UK's advertising, media and marketing communications industry, covering the creative, digital marketing, direct marketing, healthcare, media, out-of-home advertising, sales promotion and sponsorship sectors. It currently has around 300 agency members.
The role of the IPA is to promote the value of agencies. It is a spokesman for the business. It also runs a number of programmes to define, help and maintain the highest possible standards of professional practice. This includes award schemes such as the IPA Effectiveness Awards, best practice guidelines, and surveys including the quarterly IPA Bellwether Report on marketing spend (compiled by Markit Economics), the annual IPA Agency Census. and TouchPoints, a consumer centric media survey. Its members have access to over 100 training courses, a variety of online and offline qualifications programmes and a range of advisory services.
As the industry spokesman, the IPA also publishes regular thought leadership pieces by leading practitioners on current advertising and marketing trends as well as such staples as the link between creativity and effectiveness, how to calculate ROMI and the difference in planning short and long term marketing strategies. It also publishes regular case history material showing the effect of paid and earned media working together and offers a free online video library of brand stories and industry keynotes.
Founded in 1917, its members account for over 85 per cent of the media spend in the UK. All IPA members actively participate in the IPA's programme of continuing professional development.
It is led by Director General Paul Bainsfair with offices in London, Edinburgh and Blyth.
- "Institute of Practitioners in Advertising". Partners. WARC. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA: About". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Effectiveness". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Bellwether Report". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Reynolds, John (11 July 2013). "UK marketing spend rising as optimism grows, finds IPA Bellwether report". Guardian. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Agency Census". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Advertising Association members". Members. Advertising Association. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Creative Industries Council
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|