Institute of Socio-Cultural Management
Institute of Socio-Cultural Management (ISCM) is a non-political, non-religious, non-commercial and non-governmental civic organization in Ukraine. It was launched in 2000 and was officially registered in 2001.
Mission - SCM’s mission is to facilitate the democratic transformation of Ukrainian society by supporting the development of local societies, securing independent informational spaces and assisting processes of integration at the local level.
The basic directions of ISCM activity are:
• Community development and transformation of cultural institutions into centers of local cultural activity
• Development of democratic processes
• Facilitation of the Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine
Main aspects of work - ICSM conducts educational events (seminars, trainings, conferences), works out training manuals and text books, conducts research, coordinates advocacy campaigns, informs its target audience about thematic internet pages, bulletins, and press-conferences, and administers grant programs.
During its 12 years of existence ISCM has successfully realized and continues to realize 18 social projects.
Through these projects and its activity ISCM has benefited the following categories of people:
- civic activists and workers in the cultural sphere (by providing assistance in the forms of micro grants, services and professional skills training)
- state officials (by providing counseling on effective models of reporting to society)
- journalists (by offering training on improving the cooperation with civic activists)
During the last few years ISCM has been focused mainly on promoting the transformation of cultural institutions into centers of local cultural activity.
Endowment - ISCM was/is supported by: Eurasia Foundation, ISAR “Unity”, Foundation for Human Rights, the International Renaissance Foundation, Stefan Batory Foundation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Committee of Voters of Ukraine, Eastern Europe Fund, UNITER, NATO, Ch.S. Mott Foundation as well as donations of citizens and businesses.