Institute of Technology, Tallaght
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2008)|
|Institute of Technology, Tallaght|
|Institiúid Teicneolaíochta, Tamhlacht|
|Type||Institute of Technology|
|Students||3,700 (2,600 full time)|
|Campus||45 acres (180,000 m2)|
The institute was established in 1992, at that time the final new Regional Technical College opened in Ireland.
In 2005 the institute adopted the abbreviated title of ITT Dublin, to differentiate it from IT Tralee; this does not change the legal name which continues to be "Institute of Technology, Tallaght" as confirmed in the Institutes of Technology Act, 2006.
Since 2011 IT Tallaght has validated Theology degrees from The Priory Institute, which is adjacent to the campus in Tallaght. In 2013 it was announced that IT Tallaght, IT Blanchardstown and the Dublin Institute of Technology intend to apply for Technical University Status.
Faculties and courses
The institute offers a variety of courses, including Higher Certificates and Bachelor's Degrees as well as Postgraduate courses in the schools of accountancy, business, computing, engineering, humanities and science.
IT Tallaght has many clubs and societies for students, including Drama, Radio, Soccer, Martial Arts, Computing and Snow Sports.
- Education in the Republic of Ireland
- List of higher education institutions in the Republic of Ireland
- Degree Programmes The Priory Institute
- Higher Education System Configuration Proposition Paper Irish University Association, January 2013.
- "Institute of Technology, Tallaght : Full time courses". Institute of Technology Tallaght. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Institute of Technology, Tallaght : Part time courses". Institute of Technology Tallaght. Retrieved 2011-06-24.