Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires
|Buenos Aires Institute of Technology|
|Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires|
|Motto||Ad Lucem Serenitate Tendo|
|Motto in English||To the light peacefully I go|
|Established||November 20, 1959|
|Rector||Dr. Ing. Germán Guido Lavalle|
|Academic staff||about 514|
|Location||Buenos Aires, ARG|
The Buenos Aires Institute of Technology, (Spanish: Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires - ITBA) is an Argentine private university located in the city of Buenos Aires. Its focus is primarily on Information Technology, Business and Engineering studies. In spite of being a small university, with only about 1650 undergraduate students, ITBA is regarded as one of the best engineering schools in Latin America, with an annual graduation average of 200 engineers, about 10% of the annual national total. ITBA maintains cooperation agreements with over 50 universities in 20 countries.
ITBA was created on November 20, 1959 by a group of Navy officers and professionals, with the purpose of advancing the teaching of engineering in Argentina.
ITBA's first Rector was Admiral Garzoni who retired around 1979 and died shortly thereafter. The current ITBA's Rector is Dr. Ing. Germán Guido Lavalle.
It is located in the neighborhood of Puerto Madero.
The University offers undergraduate degrees in:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration & Information Systems
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering (rated as one of the 7 best Argentinian engineering courses in 2004 by the National Commission of Education and University Accreditation (La Comisión Nacional de Evaluación y Acreditación Universitaria, CONEAU)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval architecture
- Petroleum Engineering
- Informatics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Executive Master in Strategic and Technological Management: offered in partnership with Escuela de Organización Industrial (EOI), Spain.
- Master in Project Evaluation: offered with Universidad del CEMA, Argentina.
- Marketing for Engineers
- Telecommunications Management
- Electricity Market Management
- Oil and Gas Economics
- Software Engineering: Tutorial Mode, offered with Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain.
- Data Mining
- Sustainable Environmental Management
Research Programs are conducted in Engineering and Computer Engineering. These are 4-years long interdisciplinary programs specifically designed to research BioEngineering, Renewable Energy Sources and Information Security.