Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo
|Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo|
|Motto||Tu mejor decisión (Spanish)|
|Motto in English||Your best decision|
|Established||June 12, 1972|
|Location||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
|Colors||Red and White|
Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo —or Santo Domingo Institute of Technology (also known as INTEC), is a private, coeducational, university in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. It was founded on June 15, 1972, by a group of young professionals and is considered the best institute of technology in the country.
The University began with the intention to contribute to the social transformation of the country, the continuous improvement of the quality of life and the preservation of moral and material patrimony. It was incorporated legally as a non-profit institution by means of Presidential Decree no. 2389 on June 15, 1972. Its original academic activities included post-graduate programs, permanent education, and scientific research. In 1973, the university integrated other fields of study into its curriculum. Its current curricular structure is based on the quarterly system, offering academic programs in Engineering, Business Administration, the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Medicine.
- CAMPE: The Center of Support for Micro, Small and Medium Company (El Centro de Apoyo a la Micro, Pequeña y Mediana Empresa, CAMPE), began its activities in January 1997 with the goal of contributing to the developmental efforts of national companies in the Dominican Republic.
- CEGES: In September 1997, the Inter-American Development Bank in the Dominican Republic first sponsored an event entitled "A Meeting for the Strengthening of Participation Mechanisms of the Organizations of Civil Society" (OSCs) in La Romana, Dominican Republic. About 105 people participated in this event, including members of civil society, the private sector, government departments and international cooperation agencies.
- CISEMU: The EQUIS/INTEC, founded on December 1985, has ample experience in the study of urban and municipal phenomena in the Dominican Republic. CISEMU was created to diversify approaches to municipal and urban development.
- Género (Gender): The Center of Gender Studies initiated its work in January 1987 as the Program for Women's Studies in the Social Sciences and Research Department (EQUIS). The advancements made during the first five years of work, caused the programs transformation, in March 1992, to the Center for Women and Gender Studies in the school of Social Sciences at the Technological Institute of Santo Domingo.
- Intec Ecológico: Intec-Ecological is a conservationist group operated by INTEC students to preserve the biological balance in a world whose natural limitations are a reason for constant preoccupation.
- Centro de Estudios Educativos (CEED): The Center was created within the INTEC structure, assigned to the School of Humanities, with the purpose of improving the quality of Dominican education.
- "Latin American Universities' ranking on the Web Top Central America & Caribe". Webometrics. July 2006. Retrieved 2007-01-20.